The Bad Boy Who Cried Wolf

Kari's P.O.V.

I hate it when people tell me, "Watch out for that hole!" When there isn't even one there. Well, because of that, I've built up thicker skin so I won't be so easily fooled anymore. So when I went to Camp Wawanakwa, the moment I saw Duncan I knew I had to steer clear from him. So when I was walking to my seat to go eat my food, I heard Duncan say, "Hey! Watch out for that hole!" Out of instinct, I stopped and pushed myself not to look down... But I did anyways. He began to laugh at me which cause Courtney and Heather to giggle along too. I stomped on my foot and angrily ate my slop.

*timeskip*

My head was so into the challenge that we were doing then, once again, I heard Duncan's voice say, "Watch out for that bear behind you!" I broke my focus to look behind me, but once again, I was fooled. I got hit on the face with a hammer and landed in the mud. He began to laugh again and my face burned with passion. He WILL NOT get me next time!!!

*timeskip*

Now, it was time for bed and as I laid there, slowing letting sleep take over me, I began to move. Oh yeah, did I mention I sleep-walk??? I walked out of the cabin into the unknown night.

Duncan's P.O.V.

As I went to sleep, I heard Kari shuffling on her bed and when I went to go look up, she was gone! I heard our cabin door squeak open and closed, due to the breeze. I went out and saw footprints leading into the forest, towards the cliff. Oh, no!

*timeskip*

As I ran through the woods, some of the branches leaving scrapes on my forearms, all I could think of was Kari. I hope to God you didn't fall over yet! When I arrived at the cliff, I saw her sleeping form, creeping closer and closer to the cliff. I yelled out, while trying to stop her, "KARRRRIIIII!!!"

Kari's P.O.V.

My dream was quite nice. It started off with me laying on the fresh, meadow grass watching the clouds form into different things and a few butterflies flying just above my head. It was peaceful, then a little boy wearing a sailors outfit came out of nowhere and began to lead me somewhere. While I followed him, I was trying to pin point where I knew him from. He had nice brown hair, like mine and blue eyes like... Duncan???

We finally reached out destination, which was a pool with my father, mother, and older brother. I started crying tears of joy, my father's alive! The boy jumped in and splashed everyone. We all began to laugh at the cute scene. My father said, "Come on, sweetie. Jump!" I was about to, but then I heard... Duncan's voice??? I heard him yell out my name, then I heard him yell, "Watch out, you're about to fall off of the cliff!"

I scoffed and slept-talked to him, "You really think I'm that dumb enough to fall for it a third time?!" I returned to my dream and looked back to wear my father was and found a demon 10 times the size of me. I heard the demon scream, "Come on, JUMP! JUMP IN THE NAME OF YOUR FAMILY'S CURSE!" I started screaming when I smaller demon grabbed me and I began to punch it, but then I heard a familiar voice, "Kari, snap out of it!"

My eyes snapped opened and I began to ramble, "My family's curse! My family is cursed!" I couldn't control the tears that ran down uncontrollably and Duncan just shushed me by pulling me close and began to pet my hair, whispering, "It gonna be ok, it's just a bad dream." Over and over again. When my breathing finally slowed down to a regular pace, he pulled away just enough so that we could see each other's faces and he said, "Now, why didn't you believe me when I said look out for the cliff?"

I playfully hit his chest and said, "Shut up you bad boy who cried wolf." I felt him raise my chin up and he closed in for a kiss. Inches away from my lips, he said, quite low, "But you like this bad boy who cried wolf." My eyes widen as my face flushed a deep red. What?! And with that he kissed me.

(A.N: Be on the look out for my new book: Total Drama... It will have these 2 characters in it and a lot more drama! Ooh! So this is just a preview on what is yet to come... Stay awesome my friends. XD)