Ch.1: The Bell of the Ball

Ch.1: The Bell of the ball

No one could deny it.

"Jessica Smith won Homecoming queen! Again!" The perky, yet slight plump secretary yelled loudly, watching a slim, tall figure strut onto the stage with a grin on her face, along with piled of expensive makeup and designer jewelry.

The cute assistant freshman gave Jessica her crown and a bouquet of white flowers. She snatched it and posed for anyone taking pictures. I slowly clapped, plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Won again. Hasn't she?" Said my friend, Selena Simmons, shaking her head in dismay. "She thinks that JUST because her father is now the vice principal, she's automatically popular."

"Well she is." I mutter, "She rigged the votes of coarse. No doubt."

Jessica blew kisses at the crowd and waved her hand like it was having a seizure. She spotted me staring and beamed brightly.

"Crap." I said loudly, "She spotted us!"

Selena rolled her dark brown eyes as Jessica walked happily towards us, doing the duck face with her small lips halfway there.

"Hey girls!" She squeaked, smiling like a maniac, "How ya like me now?"

Selena scoffed and I gave her a look saying, 'Let's get outta here.'

"Oh! Don't worry." Smiled Jessica, "I'll make you guys my bests friends! We will rule the school!"

"Jessica..." Selena began, stepping towards her, "Listen sweetheart, um, just because you won the title, 'Queen' doesn't make you popular. The only reason you were noticed is because you dad got a promotion from working as a Janitor."

Jessica's mouth was wide open, her eyes were wide in disbelief. Before she could say something, I stepped up.

"Close your mouth honey, you'll attract the flies." I flicked my red hair away and me and Selena bailed out of the building.

"UGH." Selena huffed, "I hate her so much! She tried to get with MY boyfriend for the dance. When I confronted her, she said-."

She paused and did the worst high pitch voice ever, "Isn't that what US popular girls do?"

We burst into giggles.

"We aren't THAT cliché." I giggled, pulling my car keys out and unlocking my silver car. "Let's roll."

Although the night didn't go as we wanted it too, we still have the rest of the school year to fight off Jessica.

Which will take a lot of strength, morals and.... mixed feelings?

This was sorta more like a Prolouge :(