The Clause As We Know It

I felt the sweat as it fell down across my chest, hitting the floor. I tried to scream, but my lungs were no longer drawing air. "Hold on, in a second it will be over." Fluid filled my lungs, and I tried to scream through it, only to coughed up the liquid. "And.... The Clause is active, you can pull out now." I jumped away from the machine as a tube retracted from my lungs. I slumped over on my side and tried to get the liquid out of my lungs, but I couldn't... It wasn't liquid, it was just the first time I had breathed air.

"Stop trying to get it out, that's air, your ideas of how matter works are changed in the Body." I looked up, took a breath in, feeling like I might drown. "I know it feels terrible, but soon your body will adapt." I Iooked up, forced out the liquid, and breathed in... This time it felt less dreadful. "How... What happened? What was that thing in my throat?" I gasped at her.

"All will be explained, but for right now, just rest. It will take seven hours for the Body to realize that you are missing." I laid my head back down, feeling the warm steel ground. "What year is it? What day?"

"Well, as far as we can tell, about 200 AD."

"That..... Isn't possible... How could there be this technology?"

"Because you haven't learned true human history." I fell asleep on the floor, somehow. My guess was that I was knocked out by exhaustion. When I woke up, the woman had me in a fireman's carry, and we were in some form of forest, where the trees flickered like a glitch in a program.

"What is going on?"

"Welsome to 'reality.'" She said unenthusiastically. "My lungs burn." I said in return.

"Takes a lot more energy to breath fluid. Right now you should be fine to walk though." She set me down, and I stumbled to stay on my feet. "This is Heaven. We call it that because reality is controlled through here."

"So... Like The Matrix?" I asked, almost getting excited. "Nope, we don't live in a computer simulation, we are in one right now, but soon it is going to crash..."

"THRITY SECONDS," A voice boomed in. "That's Carlos, he has a thing for computers, but his computer can only hold Heaven for so long--" There was a massive noise that was like all of the worst sounds combined. A screeching crow, and nails on a chalkboard, and a massive, headache inducing boom. "FUCKING HELL! BRACE YOURSELF, COLLAPSE IN 5....4...3...2..."