Chapter 1 : The Daily Grind

Beatrice and T'Shawna are walking inside the museum, "Where is Daddy?" She inquires sweetly. "He went to the bathroom sweety."
As they passed the music history section, Beatrice knew they needed to leave soon, before too many people realized they were there. "Where are you Slay?", she thought anxiously to herself.
"It's gonna get nasty out there if we don't leave soon", Slayton thought, as he washed his hands and looked in the mirror. "Ok, guess I better find Bea", he brushed a hand over his hair once more before walking out of the bathroom. To his surprise, both Bea and T'Shanna were standing in the exhibit next to the bathroom. It was close to empty, and the three other people that were in it were older mature people, and they hardly paid any attention at all to Slayton, Bea, or T'Shawna. "We should go babe," before things get too crazy in here", Slay gently held Bea's hand as he spoke, flashing her a reassuring smile. "Baby, I'm already way ahead of you" He smiled slightly, "Oh really?" Bea winks, "Car's out back", she leads the way through the museum, and to Slay's surprise they dodge and avoid a considerable amount of people, going unseen by the majority of the growing crowd. Once they get to the back door, security leads them out, wishing them a good day, and leading them to the car. After getting in, Bea puts little T'Shanna, or 'Shawny' as her father lovingly called her; in her car seat and straps her in. Bea and Slay then follow suit doing the same, and they signal for the driver to go ahead. As they pass the front museum door, they notice a growing crowd with phones and cameras, slowly working their way into the museum. They had only been there an hour. News sure does travel fast.

Especially when you're a celebrity.

"It's ridiculous", Bea contorts, looking out of the window "What is?", Slay looks towards her as her gaze turns to a frown. She spoke after a long pause, "Everywhere we go, everything we do, no matter how hard we try, we just can't catch a break. No matter what we're doing, we're always the center of attention", Her frown manifested on her face even more as she continued to look out of the window. "Well Baby, it sure is a fine time to be sick of it", Slayton half joked. "Is it?", a tear threatened to escaped her eye. "Well you sure can't wish it away", Slayton placed a hand on Bea's leg in an attempt to comfort her. "Baby, I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and Shawny, I promise you that" Bea's expression softened as she look towards Slay, "I know" "When we get home I wanna show you something", he smiled softly. Bea chuckled, "Stop it", she playfully pushed him before pointing at Shawny, who had fallen fast asleep. Beatrice softly brushed the loose hairs out of her face, she then kissed T'Shanna on the forehead. After they had the driver stop by a restaurant so they can get something to eat they promptly headed home; ever aware and conscious of the media circus. By the time they pull up in the driveway, it was early evening, around 6:30. After putting Shawny to bed and munching on some food, Bea and Slay sat out on their back porch. "So what did you wanna show me?", Bea shifted the toothpick in her mouth with her tongue, Slay did the same, then he took a small box out of his pocket. "My grandmother gave me this, she said if I slept with it under my pillow, then all my dreams would come true."

An innocent but slightly bitter chuckle left Beatrice's lips as she looked at Slayton

"Seems kinda far fetched to me", Bea looked skeptically at the box , "I mean this little box..."

"I wished for you...", Slay interrupted. Their eyes met and there was a long but soft pause.

Bea hesitated, "You better not be tryna punk me Slay", she shot him a serious glare. He smiled slightly, "I promise you, I'm not", Bea still looked at it questionably. "The first night slept with it under my pillow, that's the day I met you", Say looked at Bea with a soft smile. She gently opened the box, revealing a single pearl.

"Is this a joke?"

Slay looked at her with a straight face, "No", she sighed gently before putting the pearl back in the box. "You can put it under you're pillow tonight if you want to" Beatrice looked down at the box, then back at the sunset, "I think I'll pass babe", she handed the box back to Slay. He grabbed the box, but before Bea let go, he asked again, "Are you sure?"

Bea hesitated, " I just want one day of being normal, that's all I want", Slay pushed the box back towards her, " Then put it under your pillow, if nothing happens, then nothing happens" Bea thought for a second and then she took the box, but this time she kept it secure on her lap. After the sun set, Bea and Slay checked on T'Shanna before going to their bedroom. Beatrice put the little box under her pillow after opening it once more and checking to make sure the pearl was still in it. Slay walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Mmm", a soft smile slowly parted Beatrice's lips. She melted in Slay's arms, feeling the warmth from his hands. "You wanna take a bath before we go to bed?", Slay cuddled her just a little tighter, softly kissing the nape of her neck, and running his hands along her curves. "That sounds good", Bea felt another smile start to part her lips, as she felt Slay's breathe blow lightly on her neck. They stood there for a short while before separating and walking to the bathroom. Jay ran the bath water, and watched as Bea fluffed her curls and stepped towards him. After undoing her bra, Bea walked over to Slay and let him pull it off, after slipping out of her underwear, she slowly got into the bathtub, Slay did the same, letting the water caress his skin. He pulled Bea close with a content and somber sigh . They both lay there and soaked for a good 30 minutes before getting out and putting on sleeping clothes. Bea put on a silky jade blue nightgown, and Slay put on a pair of shorts and slippers, "Why don't you wear anything under your nightgowns?", Bea smirked at him, "Why, do u want me to?", Slay looked her up and down, "No", Bey dips her head slightly, as if to say 'Exactly' and walked daintily to the kitchen. She came back with a small bowl of chocolate covered strawberries. Slay looked briefly at them, then reached for one. Bea moved the bowl just out of his reach before starting to giggle. Slay bit his bottom lip, locking eyes with Bea. Softly, seductively. He then looked at the strawberries. "What I gotta do to get me one; Mrs. Carter?" Bea giggled, the low whisper trailing her ear. She shrugged, glancing at Slay, trying to hold back a full smile. She pursed her lips playfully; prompting a smile. He grabbed the bowl, and put it on the nightstand next to Bea. Her smile shrinks a little, but she looks intently at Slay, as he leans towards her, she relaxes back against the bed. He kisses her softly before grabbing one of the strawberries, and putting it gently up to her mouth, she bit it halfway, and giggled, Slay ate the other half. After eating all the strawberries, they stare into each other's eyes, before kissing softly. "All your wishes", Bea says softly, before laying back on the bed and pulling Slay to her.