The House That Destroyed Me

Danielle quickly stomped down the slick rain-covered cement steps. She'd finally had enough. Her father had been abusive for the past 16 years, her whole life, but never like this. No, moments ago he had attacked her with a sharp kitchen knife only at finding out she had stowed away in the middle of the night to make out with her bad boy of a boyfriend, Jesse.

Danielle pulled her hood over her head, trying to conceal herself from the icy hail that ruthlessly attacked. She had no idea where she was going, but she knew she couldn't go back to that house. What with her constantly drunk father and a mother who didn't give a rat's behind about anyone but herself? Never.

She stopped mid-pace as she heard heavy breathing behind her. Oh, crap. Her father had come to finish her off.

"Hi, Princess," he said tauntingly. Danielle bolted for the neighbor's house and slammed the door on the raging maniac trying to kill her. Frantic, she locked the door and fell to her knees sobbing. Mrs. Beeler approached her, quickly realizing what had happened. After all, this was no unusual incident. No, Mrs. Beeler was quite aware of the trouble brewing in the Mason family.

"Listen, hon. You're more than welcome to stay here for as long as you wish," Mrs. Beeler said tenderly as she tried to console her.. All of a sudden, the door was beaten down and the beast unleashed his wrath on his innocent victims. Not a one was left to tell about it.

THE END