Chapter One: The Prophecy

A young woman cloaked in hooded robes of black and purple made her way through the forest quickly, the thick canopy of leaves above covering her tracks. In and out of the trees she weaved until she came across a small clearing with a lake. She paused at the lake's edge before lowering her hood, revealing skin dark as the night sky above her and eyes like liquid gold. The woman waded forward into the water until it came up to her chest, the lake bottom disappearing from beneath her sandaled feet. Taking a deep breath, the young woman sank herself and dove straight down...

...Down to the bottom of the lake until she reached the algae-covered passageway that led further still and began sloping upwards. She kept going until she broke the surface of the water pool, varying hues of blue illuminating the area around her. She found herself in a serene crystalline grotto, the walls pulsating with the energies of the crystals within them. The woman swam to the edge of the pool and hoisted herself out of the water.

The moment she was back on her feet, the walls of the crystalline grotto dimmed low, the crystals glowing faintly and barely emitting any light. Immediately the woman turned back to gaze upon the water's edge, ripples disturbing its surface. A hum of a voice reverberated throughout the grotto.

"A convergence of timeplaces, a meeting of ill fate. When the Moon blocks the Sun, They will rise again. Eyes of grey will be Their undoing, but only when the age is ripe. He Who Knows will speak the words to call forth the One to bring Their fall. The Sun will block the Moon on that day, and peace will reign the moment They fall again."

Images swirled around her and danced on the liquid surface, filling her with visions of what was to come. She saw her world ravaged by darkness and fire and many other calamities when the Moon eclipsed the Sun; three dark and shadowy figures rose from the earth beneath a mountain, and she felt the ground shaking beneath her. The shadows faded and were replaced by a pair of innocent child's eyes, grey in color, framed by woodsy brown hair. Her breath caught as they seemed to age and were surrounded by the earlier three shadows. A great light cracked through it all, erasing the shadows and revealing a different set of grey eyes. Shaken, the woman's knees gave way, bringing her down to the grotto floor.

"However, should he be made impure before his age of time, the lands remain dark for another years nine."

The grotto went dark, blanketing her vision only for a moment before returning to its bright crystalline state as when she had first entered. Slowly the woman got to her feet again.

"The boy. I need to find the boy."