October 27, 2013, 2:03 PM

"Come on Dodie, can't we just work this ou-" I cut off Lucas, screaming loudly in horror. There, in my backyard stands a girl with a short raven colored bob and a fur black coat with shoulder pads so high they reach her chin. Her black jeans are ripped and tattered and her dark red lipstick contrasts her bright white teeth. And she has a small handgun in her hand, pointing toward my Siberian Husky Ringo, who sits there with his tongue out happily as if waiting for someone to pet him.

"W-what are you doing?!" I slowly move my hands from my mouth.

"I-I don't want to kill him.." She says softly, tears in her eyes.

"Just put the gun down, and we can talk this through.." I choke. She slowly holds the gun out for me to take. I clutch the gun in my hand, shivering as the cool metal touches my skin. "Why...?"

Before I can figure out the rest of my sentence, the girl cuts me off, looking down at her feet. "It's my job." Lucas walks around the corner, stopping completely.

"Bloody hell! Dodie put down the gun where did you even get that?!" He runs over and grabs the gun. The girl and I both laugh softly.

"I'm Dodie, this is Lucas. And you are?"

"Death. Nice to meet you."