October 31, 2013, 10:34 PM

I look around the party, holding my red solo cup close to my chest. I notice Lucas sitting on a bench all by himself, staring down and twirling his blonde widows peak around his finger, as he does when he's thinking. I sigh.

"Go talk to him." Death urges me.

"Fine." I sigh and traipse through the wet grass, sitting down next to him. "Hey."

"Are you sure you can leave her all alone like that?" He muses, not bothering to greet me. I roll my eyes, taking a sip of my drink. I look back over at him uncomfortably. He smirks and leans over, puckering his lips.

"No!" I instantaneously stand, pushing him away. I run over to death. "Can we go? I want to go." She nods breathlessly and starts toward the door. Lucas runs up behind us and grabs my shoulder, sending chills up my spine.

"...Sorry." He sighs disappointedly. "I just thought maybe... I don't know I'm sorry Dodie." He runs his fingers through his overgrown blonde hair.

"I-" I start but he quickly cuts me off.

"There was a time, where you would jump out of the shower and we would talk until your hair was dry." He weakly chuckles, and I subconsciously play with my short brown locks. "And your hair was really long back then. How do you expect me to adapt so quickly, Dodie? I can't-"

"She's dying!" Death cuts him off, her voice cracking.

"S-sorry?"

"I-I was supposed to kill her today." She trembles, crossing her arms. "But I postponed it. I thought I'd shoot the dog instead."

"W-wha..?" Lucas turns to me with tears in his eyes. "Is this true?"

I nod, wiping away my own tears.

"You told her and you didn't tell me?"

"I-I didn't tell her I don't know how she knows." I sniffle, in attempt to make my voice less nasally.

"I got to go... I got to go." Death runs out without another word.

Lucas turns to me. "Well that's great, isn't it!I can't even be angry at you, can I? Because you're dying. What are you even playing at?! You need to tell me this stuff."

"We aren't going out anymore! What's the point!"

"Right, so sorry I forgot." He rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"Are you happy now? Now that you know?"

"Why the bloody hell would I be happy?!"

"I gotta go find Death." I clear my throat and walk away.

"Oh yeah, you go, she's the priority now, isn't she?"