One Half of Another

“One more stop, and I’ll be outta’ here. Now, just need to find where this guy lives…” DJ mumbled under his breath. It was a cold morning in Hades. I guess Hell froze over again. He rubbed his hands together against the cold air. He pulled up his collar and continued walking down the sidewalk; stepping on each crack.

One

by

one.

He put his hands in his pockets and looked down; suddenly he bumped into someone, “Hey! Watch where you’re going!” He shook his fist in the air and continued walking down the sidewalk. The man that he bumped into glared at him and continued walking. DJ, again, rubbed his hands together. He finally got to his destination: The Door of Freedom; as DJ would call it. He knocked on the door, and looked around. Only certain Noires can go through—and its DJ’s day to go through this very door. The heavy golden door slowly creaked open and a man with electric blonde hair stood over DJ, “You signed your papers?” DJ nodded and handed him a small pack of papers and said, “I looked over each file and I know what I’m doing.” In Hades, some Noires (residents in Hades) have learned different languages during their lifetime. DJ has learned about 12 of them. The minimum of languages to learn, to even set foot before the Door of Freedom, is 7. DJ smiled and crossed his arms, “So, may I go through?” The man nodded and let him through, “If you die there, you won’t be able to rebirth yourself as a Noire…you will rebirth as your other self.” DJ nodded and smirked as he walked through. As he walked inside the dark tunnel, he saw that the end of the tunnel was getting bigger and bigger. A white light was at the final door to go to the other world; he turned around and saw the darkness slowly close up, like a zipper from a sweater. He finally walked through…the light was blinding him—suddenly a loud honk was at his side. He jerked his head and saw a large car honking at him. A woman waving her fist at DJ, yelling, “Get off the road!” DJ glared and walked on the sidewalk. As he walked passed a large window, he looked at himself—and gasped. His trademark auburn hair was now a dark brown and his well-known blue eyes were now a dark, shadowy green. He panicked and took a deep breath, I can do this…he’s just one guy…who is tricky to find. DJ looked at his small wrinkled paper and read it to himself; it was the address to the guy he is looking for: Jacob Silver. He cringed as he looked at the picture of Jacob. So this is the guy eh? And…I’m supposed to look like him too? He rolled his eyes and shoved the picture in his pocket.