"Mythological"

Greek Mythology has only been "mythological" to modern civilization for centuries. To me, it is Greek History much like American History but a lot more interesting. We all know the story of Zeus, the God who couldn't keep it in his pants, and all of the other Gods and DemiGods but I'm going to let you in on a little more history with those guys but there are a couple other people I should mention as well. Remember the Sirens of the sea that would lure seamen to their watery deaths? Well they made it out of the ocean and into the city thanks to pollution and, well, the drastic decrease in seamen through time thanks to modern fishing technology. The needed new hunting grounds so they move on from the water and to main land. Enter the turn of the century! It was difficult to lure men in the city without being caught with a dead body in your arms so pretending to be a prostitute didn't work out so well for the Sirens. They got smart very quickly though when they discovered the art of the Gentlemen's Club.

Sirens weren't they only ones who made it to modern times, their dear enemies, the Vampires, were there long before them. Despite being sworn enemies from the dawn of time, they both shared one common interest when it came to the human world, appearing normal. There was a treaty that went in place. We don't bother you, you don't bother us. There were no lines drawn as far as territory but there was one other mutual agreement, don't kill the humans.

Now, seeing as they were Sirens who fed on human souls and Vampires who fed on human blood, killing humans seemed almost impossible, but it wasn't. The trick was to take only small pieces of souls at a time or drink small amounts of blood as to not kill the humans. This was easy for the Vampires as humans easily become addicted to having their blood sapped from them which means returning customers because humans replace blood on their own. It didn't work to well for the Sirens because you can't replace a soul. Once you take a piece, it's gone from them forever and over time, the victim becomes less and less motivated to live until the subsequently end their life. Also, Vampires must bite their prey, Sirens simply relax you with their voices until your soul is loose enough to steal from.

Now that you have that back information, let's start my story.

I am the Santora, daughter of Dracula Lord of Vampires and Alluthena Queen of Sirens. I am what they refer to as a "half blood". I can survive on both blood or souls. I stuck with the latter. Blood is messy and so is the business the Vampires are in to harvest it. I run a topless karaoke bar with several other Sirens. That's the business we are in. Our clients come for drinks and sexy topless karaoke singers. The vampires run a more competitive deal. A full nude strip club with private rooms. Not easy to compete with but we manage just fine.

"Good morning, Lucio, Gabriel." I greeted the head of my security team, The Sons of Erebus, and his right hand man as I entered our headquarters.

"Good morning, Santora." He returned with a smile while pulling the extra large tinted glass doors open for me to enter. My heels clicked against the tiled floors as the door shut behind me.

"Miss.Santora?" Lucio spoke from behind me. I stopped to face him. "Yes?" I answered.

He held out a matte black envelope. "In the door frame again I suppose?" I said, taking the envelope from his hands. "Yes Ma'am. Nothing on the security footage again either. We've canvassed the entire building with no leads and I have assigned more men at estate for your protection." I nodded, dismissing him. He apologized once before turning on his heel and returning to his position at the front door. I walked to my office and sat behind my black oak desk, carefully holding the solid black envelope between my fingers. I already knew what was transcribed on it without having to open it, another ode to love though this one felt slightly different. A knot formed in the pit of my stomach the moment Lucio handed it to me. It had a lot of soul put into it. Words of affection drifted and echoed through my mind just like the other letters but it also hinted pain and anger. Who the writer was? I had no idea but this was the fourth letter I had received from them over the course of 6 months. I first considered them to be fan letters, rare but uncommon for someone of my place of work but as the letters came, the tone in them changed. I extended my index finger to the lip of the envelope and slipped a long black fingernail underneath it, slicing it open in one swift movement. The lip flopped open and revealed a folded piece of coffee brown stationery paper. The faint scent of blood lightly caressed my nostrils and I shivered.

It seems as though our ghost author has finally slipped up...

I tugged the paper from the envelope and unfolded it. The same flawless calligraphy graced the page and pleased my eyes, however, the first words made my icy skin feel as though it were burning right off of my bones.

"I presume the smell of blood is what enticed you to actually open this letter yourself..."

I froze. How would they know?

"LUCIO!" I called out, shaking. I heard multiple sets of footsteps bounding down the hall toward my office door.