1

Bruce's POV

What has Damian done this time? I had been called in by the school principal because of a problem. Damian is normally good in public, after... The incident we were having problems a lot. He broke some kids jaw 'cause he got shoved in the shoulder by him and the guy didn't apologise. A few days before that he smashed a computer screen for one reason or another. That was two years ago now. You see, this time it was something much different, much more worrying.

I entered to see an annoyed Damian slumped in a chair with the principal across from him along with Mrs.Arnold.
"Please, sit down" Mrs.Jones, the principal, offered. I sat down in a comfy black leather chair beside Damian.

"What's he done?" I asked, hoping not be here too long. The office smells like old people along with the 1980's Jazz music that is completely out of time and has a weird crackly noises in the background.

"Nothing" Damian butted in.

"Well, we're worried about your son, you see, just last week the children were set a piece of work in which they had to write about their half term" Mrs.Jones began to explain. "Mrs. Arnold, here, was marking them when she noticed something"

I raised an eyebrow. I was called in here to talk about homework?

"Damian, could you read it for us?" Mrs.Arnold asked.

"The bit which I'm being accused mentally insane for, or the whole thing?" He asked back, holding an open green book. Mentally insane? What is going on?

"Just this bit" Mrs Arnold points to a place on the paper and Damian begins to read.

"On the second to last day, Saturday, I went on a walk with Greyson. He had literally pleaded me to go with him, eventually I gave in." He was about to continue when I spoke first.

"I don't understand"

"This is from last week. Dick Greyson has been dead for two years" Mrs Jones explains. Ah... The incident that hasn't been mentioned for six whole months. Of course it had to come back at some point.

I look worriedly down at Damian.

"I didn't know about this" I say before turning to Damian. "Damian, would you like to go wait for me outside, I'll be there in just a second"

"Fine" Damian huffs, heading out.

Damian's POV

I walk out to see Dick waiting for me.

"They all think I'm crazy" I sigh.

"Hey, Dami, why don't we race to the car?" He suggests.

"Oh, you are so on" I agree. We both start running and eventually reach the car. A draw?

"I win!" I announce. If it's a draw, it means I totally won!

"No way, I'm definitely faster than you"

"Face it, I win"

"Yeah right, we drew"

"That's just something sore losers say"

"It was totally a draw"

Just then, Bruce walks over.

"Hey father" I greet.

"Yes, that would be great" He says. Oh, he's on the phone. We get in the car and drive home.