September 1st,1984 - Eddie

About a block away, a disgruntled Eddie Severson had been awake for a couple of hours.

His mother had him up early to help with the breakfast and cleaning. She knew today was his first day of senior high school. The woman was going to make him late!

"Mom, really. I need to get going. I'm going to be late for school," he sighed, not for the first time that morning.

"Are the dishes done?" Mrs. Severson looked at him pointedly, and then at the pile of dishes still in the sink.

Eddie sighed again. "Fine."

Soon, he got to work. After all, he knew his ass of a step-dad wasn't going to do them. The minutes seemed to pass too fast, which he supposed really didn't make sense. Nonetheless, it wasn't giving him any damn time to get ready.

Finally, the last dish was done. Eddie pounded up the stairs to his room and slammed the door. He pulled on a random pair of jeans, a white shirt, black button down (with tight rolled sleeves), and black boots. He was ready enough

He grabbed his book bag, said a quick goodbye to his mother, and took off running down the street.

"Some wheels would be great right now," he said under his breath.

His parents only had one car, and his step-dad was using it for work, so he walked, or in today's case, ran. 

The city blocks passing him were a blur, but somehow he managed to get into the school and to his locker. He even managed to put in his combination, grab his books and sprint to his next class by the time the bell rang. He hurried to the back of the room and sat down, trying not to draw attention to himself. 

Eddie was planning on just sitting at the back of English by himself, but those hopes were dashed when he saw a girl with short hair sitting in the corner chair, scribbling on her desk. Should he talk to her? What would he say anyway? Maybe she would switch seats with him. It was worth a shot, so he tapped her shoulder. 

She shot up and whispered, "What?" 

"Uh,hi. I'm Eddie. Do you think we could, maybe...switch desks?" he stammered.

"I'm Mollie. But, sorry, I've already left my mark on this desk," she smiled apologetically, "Wouldn't want you to take all the fun of a lecture from the teacher from me." 

He smiled back. "Okay."