She Became His Savior

Sitting on the wooden chair near the only window in the room on the second floor, he seemed to be looking at the gray sky. But that would have let him turn away. That would have made him look at more interesting things in his huge room- read one of the hundreds of books that adorned the wall in front of the window, put on one of his playlists on the stereo and blast his room with metal or fill it with country music or lie on the bed in the middle of the room and shoot grotesque figures vigorously on his laptop screen.

            But Ashton had been still for 30 minutes, just gazing at the window, towards the same gray sky, the same roof tops and the same building behind them which had been his view for the last 23 years. The beauty of nature that the little window provided him with had ceased to gain his interest 5 years back. He was seeing nothing, just staring into the space and doing one thing he shouldn’t have been- thinking about his life. Its ignorance of childhood, isolation of teenage, futility of adolescence and the frustrating helplessness of his existence.

                                                                              ***

            Crouching in the dark corner of a dilapidated house beside an isolated construction site on a rainy night, she was waiting for the splashing footsteps of her pursuers. Tucked in the side of the waistband of her jeans, hidden by her leather jacket, was a plastic packet. The packet held the documents for which she had been paid good money and would get some more when it reached its destination. She was at her job. Her job to pick up files or documents from any locked office or drawer or lockers and deliver it to her client. She had been a fast runner since she was a child and used her skills to maximum benefit in her youth. Never being scared of anything, not even death, her recklessness made her more efficient for her job.

             Her clients, usually people at the top of hierarchy in Multinational Companies in the commercial city of Ragnarok and its neighbouring cities, knew her to be the best for the job. They favored her professionalism in work and often contacted when they needed inside information about their competitors. Lily called herself a runner and loved her independent and adventurous life.

           What she didn't know was that her life was going to change soon when she would become his savior.

****

It is just an introductory chapter and the action begins from the next. Please keep reading! :)

Vote if you like the effort.

It's my first story so Comments would be a great help!