zero

disclaimer: i don't own girl meets world or any of the characters all rights to girl meets world (gmw).

❝her face,
shattered❞

PROLOGUE.

third person;

third person;

november 4, 1989

RILEY MATHEWS-GARDNER walked into her new apartment with a box held tightly at her waist, her face falling from the tears she had shed. she hated her husband, charlie gardner. the way he talked, ate, acted, it all repelled her. her eyebrows furrowed in anger just thinking of the matter.

"what do you say you put down that box, and maybe go into the bedroom and treat me like a man." charlie spoke, softly into his wife's ear, fondling with her waist.

riley's lips curled in disgust, as his hand traveled further up her thigh, "i'm tired, sorry. maybe later."

charlie let go rather suddenly, almost gently pushing her, as he scoffed, "you're always tired."

"you're always horny." she mumbled under her breath, pacing herself to the bedroom. she slammed the door shut, sinking her body down onto the floor.

she was only 23 years old, and she was a stupid fool to get married. she knew that, but at the time, charlie was a man she desired so. one who was caring and kind, but he changed. and overtime so did she.

"i'm such a fool." she muttered, as she slumped her head into her fingers. the truth was riley gracie mathews-gardner was having an affair. she had developed feelings for the brunette haired boy she had been sleeping with for quite some time now.

his name was farkle minkus.

he was charlie's partner at the law firm he worked in uptown. she knew it was risky, but loved to feel young and alive. full of love and hope for a better day.

"babe? don't you love the new place. totally beets that crappy old shoebox downtown." charlie called from the other side of the door. she heard the sounds of news paper muffling in the background and buttons on the tv being switched.

charlie had talked riley into moving out of her old new york apartment that was located right next to her parents place which was nice. she loved that place with all her heart, yet she let it go without a fight.

riley sighed, getting up from where she was crouched. she paced forward, gazing out the window not noticing anything else. she saw the skylines and buildings in the distance. riley then slipped over a book like object placed on the ground.