one

disclaimer: i don't own girl meets world or any of the characters all rights to girl meets world (GMW).

CHAPTER ONE.

third person;

third person;

november 4, 1989

RILEY PICKED UP THE BOOK and took a closer look to the cursive neat handwriting, intrigued by what the unknown woman wrote. she felt almost guilty for reading the journal, but it was written in 1941, so she figured it couldn't do much harm.

november 18, 1942

maya penelope hart sat on the small chair positioned directly outside the main nurses office. she bit her lip nervously as she sat outside in her uniform, her lips painted with a red shade of lipstick, and her eyeliner slashed across her eyelid. the pen touched her paper, as she started writing.

november 18, 1942
dear journal,

it's my first time writing into this book so i'll make it rather quick. it's my first day working as a nurse here in honnolulu for the united states army. i feel it is my duty to serve my country in some way. i figured, i'll be saving lives in stead of taking them. that places my heart at rest in a way although war havocs in other countries. my mother sent me this book for me to put my thoughts in.

now my boss has recently informed me i shall be one of the nurses taking in a flyboy. it is a absurd thought that i will be to live with a man who flies planes for a living. what if he should have bad temperament? or even night terrors?

i've never lived with such creature known as man before, so it shall be quite the journey.

best,
maya penelope hart
(please be advised i hate my middle name)

✖ ✖ ✖

riley squinted at the words on the page, smiling at the words 'i have never lived with such creature known as man before'. she chuckled quietly at the way it was written and the way she imagined it being said aloud.

"baby lets go to bed now, i'm tired." charlie let out a groan, walking past his wife on he floor as she shut the book rather hastily, causing him to spin his head around raising a brow.

"what's that?" charlie questioned, riley shook her head, "nothing but my old diary." he scoffed and chuckled slightly, "must be boring." she rolled her eyes at his comment.

she pulled the book from the ground and placed it tightly in her grip, hoping that only she would ever have access to the book.

"come here babe." charlie groaned softly from where he lay, causing riley to cringe slightly, "i have to get changed. don't wait up." charlie shrugged and rolled over, at his wife's comment.

she scurried into the bathroom, with the book close in hand, slamming the door shut and opening the book once again.

✖ ✖ ✖

april 19, 1942

maya penelope hart stood up against her car, the dust from the road lingering around her every breath, as her heels clenched to the floor. her gaze traveling against a group of men leaving an aircraft that had recently landed.

"i hope i get an attractive one." maya overheard missy bradford's conversation with her group of friends.

she glanced down once again at the piece of paper that withheld the name, 'lucas friar' written boldly in all capital letters.

"who are you?" maya caught her attention on missy once again and a middle aged man standing in front of her. he seemed to be no older than most likely 40.

"don't tell me you're dave walker." missy grunted causing maya to roll her eyes in disgust. he took a large sigh, "no i'm lieutenant commander parker, we thank you for your service to your country; but sadly in the line of duty, commander walker has passed."

maya's eyes widened as missy gasped slightly softening, before her mouth opened once again, "i'm very sorry to hear that." missy closed her mouth, leaning her head down attempting not to make eye contact with the man she had verbally assaulted with just her tone and not her words.

maya's heart started beating rather fast. although she was uncomfortable with the situation at hand, she knew she would never want a man's life lost.

"m'am." maya swiftly picked her head back up making eye contact with a tan, dirty blonde haired man, who, from first sight was extremely attractive. the sun was reflecting in front of him causing his forest green eyes to shimmer slightly.

"you must be lucas friar." maya shed a slight smile, awkwardly placing her hand out for him to take and shake.

"yes m'am" he replied, causing maya to purse her lips together. she nodded her head slowly, "why don't you get in the passengers side, mr. friar?"

"thank you." he replied with a closed lip smile. he made his way into the passengers side of her car. he opened the door and got inside sitting on the cream leather seat, as maya's hands were fidgeting on the steering wheel.

she put the drive in reverse, and her foot gently pressed against the gas, jolting suddenly. "sorry, it's an old car." she let a dry cough out before smacking her lips together and having the courage to speak once again, "now i have certain rules. i've never lived with-" she paused for a brief moment, "your type-"

she was cut off once again by lucas's thick texan accent, "you mean a man."

she nodded slowly, "yes, a man. and frankly this situation is making me quite uncomfortable, now you must respect my rules; firstly, i don't mind if you have a cigarette or two, just please take that business outside i don't want my home smelling like an ash tray — secondly, please i know you 'army boys' like your drinks, but whatever you do please don't get drunk and trash my house. that's all i have to say, nod if you understand."

lucas nodded chuckling slightly, "yes m'am." he placed his dark glasses upon his face outlining his jawline.

"please don't refer to me as 'm'am' anymore, we're basically the same age." she swallowed thickly, as he nodded his head in response, "whatever you'd like m'am." she groaned aloud rolling her eyes.

✖ ✖ ✖

riley shut the book, smiling at the words and the way she felt she had known this maya hart girl for the longest time, with out even ever getting the chance to meet her.

"riley where are you?" she heard charlie's hollar from outside the door, she let out a grunt before slamming the book shut and making her way back into bed.

authors note;

i'm so excited for this book! hope you all enjoyed chapter one 💓