Chapter 3

Your banging on the door was loud but you had no intention of stopping. You needed answers and were determined to get them. So if plan A - getting them from Baekhyun - didn't work out you had to do it this way.

Even though the cup of coffee was warming your hands and the way Baekhyun looked at you warmed your heart, you still felt the cold somewhere deep inside. The questions floated around in your head, but you couldn't just ask them straight off the bat . He'd either get suspicious or leave and in this case neither option would work in your favour. So you just stuck to staring at the steam leaving your cup and slowly dissolving in the air.

"Hey, sleepyhead..." you heard his voice and suddenly felt scared again. You couldn't keep you mouth shut any longer, the questions threatening to leap out of you.

"What deal did they offer you?" You looked at him, barely lifting your eyes, but you saw his gaze drift away until he was staring at something over your shoulder.

"Huh? It's nothing," he looked back at you, smiling widely.

"Baekhyun," your voice was more demanding and definitely higher than you planned.

"What?" he shrugged his shoulders and took a sip of his coffee. "I needed the money so they gave me a job," your eyes widened.

"What kind of job? What is it about?"

"It's nothing serious. Why are you being like this ?" he shook his head and looked back at you, a more serious look on his face this time. "Can't I just keep one thing to myself?"

It was okay for him to keep things to himself, totally. But not things that could harm him so much. You hid your face in your hands and tried not to shudder. That was when his voice softened.

"Oh, (Y/N)-ah, I don't know why you're so worried," he tried to take your hands from your face, but you wouldn't let go. He moved his chair a little closer to yours and started playing with your hair.

Your body stiffened and you shifted so that he couldn't touch you anymore.

Worried? You weren't worried. Maybe a little, but the emotion that occupied most of your mind at the moment was fear. Fear of pain and losing your loved ones.

"I will make it okay," was the last thing you heard him say. Then putting a $10 bill on the table he left, not looking back once.

You were shocked that even after all this time you still remembered the way here so well. Seems like brain doesn't just throw bad memories away. You were standing in an alley, banging on the back door of the club - the only way to see the man you needed to talk to. You saw some cats rummaging in the nearby garbage containers, but they soon scampered away as you let out a stream of curses.

By the time Luhan opened the door your hand already hurt. He did it on purpose and it made you so much more mad.

"(Y/N). Nice to see you. What brings..."

"You know exactly what brings me here!" you said, each word dripping with venom.

"Oh, someone is angry," a smirk appeared on his face.

"What deal did you offer Baekhyun?" you ignored him and got straight to what you wanted to know. Luhan's laugh threw you off. You thought he'd be mad or at least nervous, but apparently your question seemed to amuse him.

"(Y/N)..." he looked at you, sparkles playing in his eyes. "Would you like to come inside and talk?"

"No. I'm perfectly comfortable here," you felt your stomach tie in knots. You didn't need a fortune teller to know what would happen.