Sleeping is hard to do when your mind is full of thoughts.

She stepped down from the stoop.
Her dirty blonde hair blew in the wind.
The smile on her face wasn't real, and it wasn't fake. It wasn't a smile. It was more her face tightening from the events of the night. Her senior year wasn't at all what she expected. She didn't care anymore, she didn't want to. It was 2 am and she was sitting on the steps in front of her house. She wore a black crop top and ripped jeans. Her cigarette lit up the night. She was home from another party, this time thrown by the slut of the school, Cara Regan. She's had more exes then Einstein could count. The thing that she couldn't understand the most though, was why she was invited. She wasn't popular but she wasn't a geek. Not many boys noticed her and she didn't mind. She threw her cigarette on the ground. She smelled to much like alcohol, she couldn't go inside her house like this. She was hungry, she needed a place to clear her mind. She decided to walk to the all night cafe across the street. As she started walking, she heard a faint sigh behind her. She turned, but no one was there. She continued to walk but heard it again.  She quickened her pace until she reached the cafe.
She walked in, as the sweet scent of donuts hit her. She slid into a booth.
"What can I get ya?"
"Just coffee." She said keeping her eyes on the wall. She noticed a boy in the booth across from her. She sighed heavily, memories of her ex boyfriend flowed through her mind.
The waiter sat the coffee on the table.
She looked up "Thanks"
She grabbed the coffee and walked to the boy.
"Mind if I sit here?"
He looked up, then shrugged.
She sat down. She sipped her coffee quietly as he looked through his book.
She stared at him. "Why are you here so late?"
He looked up abruptly "can't sleep" he replied.
She nodded "me too" she lied
He set his book down "too much to think about to sleep." And drank his coffee.
She held her cup and stared. "I just, can't seem to clear my mind." She sighed
He looked her age. He had messy long brown hair, fringe pulled back. He had hazel eyes that were intimidating, yet welcoming.
"Do- Do you go to Monroe High School?" She asked
He nodded "do you?"
"Yeah, I'm a senior. That's why I'm really here. Because of a party. Pathetic, isn't it" she flipped her hair.
"Not really. Your not as bad as Cara I'm sure."
She laughed "I don't think so. But I'm not the best either."
She checked her watch, 2:36 am. Her curfew was 4 hours ago. She sighed
"I got to go. I'll-see you at school" she grabbed her coffee.
He nodded "what did you say your name was?"
She smirked "i didn't, Its...Skye."
She smiled and walked out.

Ok so Hey guys, It's Maya and I'm writing a new story o shit waddup

So anywayz I hope you guys like ✌🏻️