Lesson 2: The Formula

Rankings
Have you ever decided to check Wattpad and seen a number next to your book? That is great news! That means you are in the top 1000 books of your book genre! That's the hot list! But have you ever wondered how your book got there? Well... Wattpad uses a Formula.

Get on the Hotlist by using the FORMULA.
So, you want to get on the charts you say? Well, use THIS FORMULA I'm about to tell you.

If you just want the formula now here it is...
The score
20% Parity reads + 40% Parity Votes + 40% Parity Comments

The Formula
Now the formula consists of 3 things. Parity reads, parity comments and parity votes! Now, it's important to understand these 3 key traits, and how to get them!

What's parity you ask? Well, parity basically calculates an average of how many reads, votes, and comments you get per part. This is EXTREMELY FAIR because what if someone with 150 parts to their book had 100 Reads per part and you had 2 parts and had 500 Reads per part and there was no parity? Then that means the person with 15000 Reads will beat you!
So I like to call this the parity formula, this is how it works...
Amount of reads/votes/comments divided by amount of parts.
For example, if your book had 1 million reads, 25000 votes and 1000 comments and 10 parts, then your parity would be...
READS
1,000,000 reads divide 10
= 100,000 parity reads

VOTES
25000 Votes divide 10
= 2,500 parity votes

COMMENTS
1,000 comments divide 10
= 100 parity comments.

HOW THE FORMULA USES THE PARITY FORMULA!(IMPORTANT)
This is how it's calculated after the parity has been calculated...
20% parity reads + 40% parity votes + 40% parity comments = your Wattpad score

The Wattpad score
The higher the Wattpad score, the higher ranking you have! Simple.

The amount of time does not contribute to your rank.
A lot of people think that if you don't get more votes in an amount of time, then your rank goes down. THIS IS NOT TRUE! It just means that more people have beat your Wattpad score. So always get your score higher to succeed!

Now all about the 3 elements...

1) Parity Reads
Now, the only way that you're ever going to get reads is if you have these things:

A) Good cover
- Try putting in lots of eye-opening colors that grab their attention.
-Make it look FLAWLESS

B) Good Description
- Make it intriguing
- Make it short
- Make it interesting

C) Well-written book.
- Perfect grammar, spelling
- Correct use of dialogue
- Keep the reader on their toes
- Bring value to the reader
- Grab the readers attention

2) Parity Comments
Wattpad's Formula does consist of comments. Comments are usually achieved by...
A) Extremely good writing (AKA: compliments)
B) (if it's a competition, then people might comment to apply.)
C) People might ask for another chapter release on your book (I recommend setting goals for the next chapter) for example:
- I'll release the next chapter if this chapter gets 25 votes!

3) Parity Votes
The one thing that will get you 40% of the way to fame is votes! Now votes won't come easy, so make sure that you make your book very well edited and neat. Some ways of getting votes is...

1: Put up some nice pictures or videos at the top of each chapter.
2: Make some challenges on your book and make them vote.
3: Kindly ask them to vote at the end of each chapter. (Never ask at the start or the middle! People will find it rude and pushy.

What's a Good Wattpad score?
A healthy Wattpad score would probably be 300-1,000 in a few months.

YOU MAY HAVE A GOOD SCORE BUT!!! One more thing...
1) Featured books may steal a few spots on the charts (They may have a low score and come 1st)
2) Hot list books could sometimes be a few places off (example 1st place should be 5th and so forth.)
3) Some books update more frequent than others and may jump a few places.

These things may happen to your books so don't worry. These 'mistakes' even happen on the top charts!

Slots
Slots are basically positioned and specified sections where certain books are placed in a hot list section. Most featured books take the first page then the hot list books take the second page and so forth...
Example:
Featured books:
Slots 1,3,4,6,9....
Hot list:
Slots 2,5,7,8...

Authors Note:
Thank you very much for reading 'The Formula Of Wattpad'! I hope this segment everything up about the formula! I've seen many books and some of them are so confusing.

Anyways, I will release the 3rd chapter of this book if this whole book gets 25 votes! Featuring The Dont's Of Wattpad!

Oh, also, don't forget to vote! ;)