5

Janet felt the warm hand moving up her legs. Slowly inching closer to the hem of her skirt. Leaving a trail of sparks on its way. Just feeling his hands on her body made her respond. The kisses on her neck were softly tickling her, but having her crave for more at the same time. Her back arched as his hand made to the inside her thigh. She wanted him and needed him all at the same time.

Her shirt was off and his free hand found something to keep it occupied. Quickly his kisses went from her neck down to help his hands. The stimulation from both hot places were too much for her. She began to let out a moan. He worked faster, motivated by her sounds of pleasure. She was so close. She could feel her self climbing to that peak.

"Janet! Are you going to breakfast?!" Derrick yelled out. He gave Janet another shake. He had been trying to wake her for a couple of minutes. She opened her eyes and looked around. The sun in comming through the window was bright, and the alcohol she drank last night was getting its revenge. Janet didn't consider herself a lightweight drinker. Hangovers weren't common for her. She must have had way more than she thought. She glanced at Derrick, hoping she didn't talk in her sleep, but halfway not caring if she did. Xavier was right. No amount of drinking was going fix this relationship.

"Yeah, I just need to shower." Janet mumbled. She needed a shower to help wash away the evidence of her dream about Xavier. That man had her sprung just off a couple of kisses and a few smart remarks. She tried to convince herself that it was that insignificant. The truth was Xavier was more than a handsome man. Yes she was sexually attracted to him, but he had proved that he had a lot to offer. It was nice to have someone listen and care. She also respected that he didn't take advantage of her inebriated situation last night.

Hopping out the shower feeling refreshed Janet threw on another sundress and sandals. She had her bathing suit underneath. The boat should be docking at a Jamaican port today. Her and Derrick had an excursion planned, but she didn't know of they were still going to go. Either way she looked forward to getting off the boat even if she just did some small shopping and walking around.

The two kept conversation short and impersonal. Things had changed. This time it was him trying to keep up with her. No longer was struggling to fill the silence. For the first time in their relationship Janet had stopped caring. Derrick must have noticed because all of  a sudden he wanted to hold her hand, or listen to what she had been filling her time up with on the boat. She answered his questions and kept a smile on her face. Janet wasn't rude, and they weren't officially broken up. So she had no need to ignore him or start more arguments. Having him do the chasing, made her feel in control. She liked it. Not enough to stay with him though.

Derrick started to talk about their excursion. They were doing some site seaing bus tour that ended with a buffet luncheon at the beach. He had a brochure and began to read all the different activites that were available once they reached the beach. Janet zoned out. Her mind was starting to get filled with remnant memories of her dream when she heard the name Xavier. She glanced around and saw Claudia, Amy and a few other girls.

"The club was so fun last night. I was putting work in on Xavier." Claudia bragged to her girlfriends. Amy chimed in about how fun the guys were. Someone asked what happened when they went back to the room.

"I can't kiss and tell, but everyone was enjoying themselves." Claudia replied and then her and Amy started to giggle like they had some in side joke going on. Janet could not believe what she was hearing. She tried to figure out what were the possibilities of them talking about another Xavier. She knew the chances were slim. The rage was making her cheaks hot. True Xavier wasn't her man, but now could he have hooked up with their dinner mates? He had just left from watching a movie with her.

Janet attempted to brush the incident out of her mind. She should have known he was too good to be true. At least she found out before she made a stupid mistake. One good thing about Derrick is that he was faithful. She knew where he was every night. Rationalizing the situation, Janet figured her running into Xavier was only to help her see her own worth. She thought she was done with Derrick, but after finding out about Xavier's dogfish ways, she was beginning to reconsider things. Derrick really did seem to be changing. As they got up from their table and got ready to leave the boat Janet sighed to herself. Derrick grabbed her hand and smiled as he kissed her. Janet knew he really didn't change but what choice did she have.

AN: Short update, more coming soon in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and leaving comments. Be sure to check out my other two books. Don't forget to vote, follow, and let me know what you think so far!