prologue

Everyone said lying is bad. But if being bad is able to save someone from being hurt, then I will take the blame of being the bad person.

After all, this world is filled with people who are trying too hard to be good.

But the thing about secrets is they could only destroy you. They can break you, be it the one you want to keep it or the one that cannot be let out.

Secrets are probably like the stale food that you accidentally ate, yet it stays in your stomach while churning uncomfortably. The discomfort can only stay with you unless you get it out of your system.

Not convincing enough? How about this? Secrets are like the tiniest wood splinters that are stuck in your flesh. The smallest movement you make could cause you to wince in pain, and unless you pluck it out, you can only find yourself in pain.

But with every secret I keep, every lie I tell, the splinter seems to find its way in my flesh deeper till I couldn't find the way to get it out. And perhaps the entire existence of secrets is to torture.

I always claim myself as one of the better liars amongst my friends. Until I met someone who's better at that category than me.

Great. Just more lies in my life, as if it was not already enough.