Chapter 8

I jumped into Christine's blue camaro. She was hella rich, "So you have a nice car." I said looking at the leather seats.

    "Thanks." She whispered and started the car, "Is it okay if I play some music?" She asked me. I nodded my head and she started playing Melanie Martinez.

    "You listen to her?" I asked shocked. "I love Melanie she's one of my favorite artist." I smiled. Christine was beautiful and also had great music taste!

"Yeah she's so amazing!" Christine smiled as her green eyes sparkled. God she was the most gorgeous girl I have ever known. She drove out of the school parking lot and began driving.

"What's your favorite song by her?" I asked as Melanie sang 'It's my party and I cry if I want to' through the speakers of her car.  

"Well it changes a lot, but definitely Mad Hatter." She laughed.

"Yeah same! That song is absolutely amazing." I'm not lying, that was my absolute favorite song by her. 

"Well I guess I'll play it." Christine said changing the song. Mad Hatter played and she turned it up. I felt the beat of the song run through my ears, God this song was fucking amazing. The next twenty minutes to her house we jammed out to Melanie.

We pulled into Christine's drive way and it was the biggest house I have ever since. No it wasn't a house it was a mansion. "Nice place,"  I whispered quietly.I texted my Mom and said 'Going to my friends house to work on a project. Be home later tonight. Love you.'

We walked into her house and there was a big staircase running to the upstairs. There was a lot of open space and bright colors. Overall, this place looked like where some happy family would live. Looking at the wall I noticed a big portrait of a man, her father I'm guessing.

"Do you just want to work on the project in my room?" Christine asked.

"Sure. That's fine." I smiled slightly. We walked straight then turned and turned again. I swear this house was a fucking maze. Finally she opened the door which opened up to stairs leading to the basement. We walked down them, which led to the biggest room I have ever seen. The walls were painted dark blue and there was posters covering every inch. She had a king sized bed in the corner. In another corner there was a desk with a record player. Me and this girl could not be anymore alike.

    "Alright let's just work on the floor. I'll go get some food." From that she ran upstairs and I was alone in her room that was a basement. I walked over to her desk and saw a picture of her and her Dad. There was a letter on her desk with the words Christine on it. I opened it up a quickly because I was stupid and liked snooping.

Dear Christine,
If you are reading this then I am probably dead. I am so sorry it had to come down this way. Just know that I love you with all my heart and you mean the world to me.

Before I could read the rest I was interrupted by an angry voice, "Why the hell are you reading that?!" Christine yelled ripping the letter out of my hand.

    "Oh I'm so sorry." I apologized.
    "It fine." She snapped. "Let's just get this over with." Christine brought down a bag of organic sweet potato chips which was surprisingly really good.

    "Was it hard?" I stupidly asked. 

    "What do you mean?" She asked back munching on some chips.

    "Going through that. Your Dad." I quickly said.

    "It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be." She replied staring off. Surprisingly she wasn't a scorning bitch, she just seemed hurt. I wanted so badly to fix every broken piece of her.