Story of Sid

Story of Sid.

Sid helplessly watched as they dragged his family away from him leaving him in a cold dark cell surrounded by semi darkness walls and chains tunneling down from the walls to his hands and feet, Which were black as coal because of the hardened dirt on the floor which seemed to have been there for years, Insects somehow got into his cell and that's a good thing because that's all he had to eat were the insects because the warden left him to starve to death, Only gave him 30 minutes of free time in the dreadful court yard where the other cell mates beat him like a drum and leave scares and bruises which last a life time, Life for Sid behind bars wasn't very kind he would have sleepless night thinking of his wife and kids wondering where they are or if they am okay, But he had to make sure he didn't think too hard because of going insane and losing the memories he has left of them, All he could do was sit on his bed which felt like a bed of knifes and throw a rubber ball against a wall which he got given to him by his son before he was taken away from him, Sid continued this for hours just looking at a photo which was torn and hardly recognizable to him but he knew what was on it and he knew that's what gave him hope not to give up.

                                                                        A remembering morning.

The next day after a rough sleep on his hard stone like bed he decided to get up and do his job he checked the calender, today was a good day he had mopping to do the reason why it was a good thing because he could take his time and go around parts of the building he normally wouldn't have access to, But Sid wasn't happy about the fact he has a free hall pass no he was happy because he was going to plan his escape and this would give him a great opportunity to see around the building for any weaknesses, So he got up and pulled his jagged jeans up and slipped his white tank top on he went to the mirror and washed his face off the feeling of cold water splashing up his face made him remember the time he was with his kids and wife in the garden of their small cottage home, Playing with the hose pipe the smiles of his kids small little faces and his wife looking stunning as ever in her workers clothes and her cow girl hat, He continued to think about this while he was shaving his beard which a sharp rock he crafted just in case of any emergence's, He walked out of his cell and walked down to the mop room trying to avoid contact with anyone who might start trouble for no reason, He managed to get to the mop room safely and had no one following him he retrieved a mop and a bucket and walked back out the door he had to push the door with some force because, It was catching against the floor as he pushed the door he could hear the scraping noise ringing in his ears like a world war 2 alarm constant and felt like forever but he managed to get the door open, He carried his mop and bucket out and closed the door behind him off he went to his journey around the building looking for weaknesses in the walls, While trying not to get noticed he went into the library where cell mates just sat their silently reading and ggathering information, He went to the wardens office, the cops toilets and then he arrived at the showers and while he was mopping he saw a chip in one of the tiles he smashed the tile off while no one, Was in there with him and to his surprise it looked like one of the other cell mates was planning the same thing trying to escape, A hole about 8 foot deep was dig-ed out and chips of light shown through the cracks in the wall, Sid wasn't dumb to smash it there and then the warden would have had the cops with their dogs after him in a second so he placed the tile back where it was and mended it with his rock working skills, And left waiting for the cell mate who was chipping away at the hole in the wall.

                                                                                 The Alliance.

Sid had been waiting outside the shower room for nearly an hour now and not even one person had came in or out, Sid though ill come back at the night and just break my way out but before he about to walk off a guy walked in the shower room so Sid followed and saw him chipping away at the hole the guy though Sid was going to tell the warden and try-ed attacking him but Sid was too fast and dodged his punches one punch after another and another dodged after each other Sid shouted "I'm on your side" and the guy stood back with a confused face "what you mean your on my side" said the guy so Sid explained to him what he knows and they agreed to team up to escape but they couldn't escape now because of the day light they needed to hide somewhere and wait till the night came but where that's what they had to think about.      

                                                                               Hide and escape. 

Sid and the strange guy who was identified as Dave looked around the prison that was a great hiding spot they looked nearly all day until they found it, A room which had an air vent above it they climbed up to the air vent and helped one another into it the smell of rotten eggs nearly made Dave vomit but Sid didn't care about the smell, He just cared about breaking out and going back to his home to his wife and kids, they waited there for about 2 hours and then they climbed back down to see that everyone was asleep no one was in the hallways and it was night, "Whats the time" asked Dave and Sid replied "Its 11:30pm we need to go and break out through that hole you dug," Dave shook his head in agreement and they went off to the shower room where the hole was they bashed and smashed against the wall desperately trying to escape, The smell of fresh air glistened through the cracks and made Dave and Sid more willing to try harder they smashed through the brick wall after what seemed like forever, And crawled out using their arms as stretching poles and their feet like rockets pushing hard and squeezing their tight body's through the jagged hole, They flopped out into the water which was opposite the hole and ran in separate directions Sid and Dave didn't say anything to each other while, They ran off they just left one another Sid ran to his family home and left with his wife and kids to Hawaii and Dave well he got caught the next day by the police and was sentence to death, But Sid will never forget Dave because Dave was the one who helped him escape that inferno prison.