5 - Drowning

~ Next day ~

Anna Kendrick's POV

Tonight is the pitch perfect party and I'm exited for it. I was exchanging messages with Britt and she thinks the party may be the perfect situation for me to talk with Skylar, and the texts goes like:

"Why it's a good moment? 'Cause he's probably going to be drunk?"

"Of course not, Kendrick! I'm just saying you could find a away to get alone with him and talk about your feelings... Maybe he feels the same, you wouldn't know..."

"Yeah, I wouldn't and won't, 'cause I'm not gonna tell him what I feel!"

"You're afraid, but drowning in your own feelings! Watch out, if you continue like that, the oxygen can end..."

And I don't answer that last one, even though the words keep coming back in my head. Few hours before the party I see myself really drowning in tears. Brittany is right, I should let my feelings out, telling him, I will never know if he feels the same if I don't say something. I'm just too afraid to get my heart broken once again, I know it's foolishness, but... Okay, 2 hours later, I'm getting myself ready to the party. A beautiful dark blue dress, make-up and a simple, but nice, hairstyle and then I take a cab to he hotel. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna drink so I'm not driving.

Skylar's POV

I've just arrived in the party with Adam and Brittany and Elizabeth come to talk with us. That's when I look to my right and see the most beautiful girl I've ever seen: Anna Kendrick. She arrives, smiling, with that beautiful hairstyle and that elegant dress. I head myself to the bar, I'm gonna need some drinks tonight. I still haven't decided if I'm going to tell her about my feelings so far. I ask for vodka when I see her coming on my direction.

-Hey! - I say, when she is closer.

-Skylar! Didn't see you there! - she says, seeming nervous - How are you? A dry martini, please! - she says talking to the barman.

-I'm fine... You?

-Everything all right... - she smiles.

Then the barman gives us our drinks and she excuses to talk to the girls.

Anna Kendrick's POV

Oh MY God, I'm gonna need several drinks to handle this night!

-Hey, Anna! - Haiz says.

-Hi! - I say, hugging her.

-Saw you talking with him... Did you tell... - she whisper.

-No! And I'm not going to! So, I think I might need some drinks to handle this night, will you help me?

Okay, guys, let's just say that in a situation like that, don't ask for help to get drunk to your eighteen years old best friend. After that, I see myself drinking my soul down, so, in the middle of the night I'm already drunk. I'm dancing with Alexis and Hailee when Britt stops me:

-Anna, are you okay?

-Totally fine! - I laugh.

-You're drunk! - she looks worried.

-Hey, come on, don't judge, you're a little drunk too!

-Not that much, but... Fine, just... Make good choices!

Later, she goes back to his boyfriend and I'm back dancing with the girls again, that's when someone invites for dancing.