Chapter 1

Mikey's POV:

October 23rd 2016

Blog entry #87

5:38pm

"Come on wimp it's not like there are still people living in there."

"Well there might be." Thomas argued back.

"What do you not understand about an abandoned hospital?"

"Are you seriously that scared?"

"Come on you beat up that ninth grader a few days ago."

The group went into an uproar of conversation. People talked over one another to assure Louis that this place was safe. Louis was the youngest in the group, only being fifteen. I myself was only seventeen, so I guess he has a right to be slightly scared. Besides the place did look creepy, but I was not scared. Nothing scares me, but boy was I wrong.

Louis eventually agreed to go, but as we climbed the fence he hesitated. Never the less, he climbed over the fence. The chain link fence shook against the bushes that prevented us from climbing down it. As we got to the top we all lost our balance crashing down into the thorn bushes. Screams of agony burst through the still air. We desperately crawled out of the bush and fell on our stomachs and backs.

"Let's not do that again. "Madison the second oldest boy said. We all murmured an agreement. I stared at the freshly cut grass, perfectly green and crisp.

"Guys, the grass." I exclaimed pushed off my stomach to my feet.

"It's grass Mikey, did you fall head first?" Madison chuckled. He looked to be the least in pain at the moment besides me.

"No. Look at it," I demanded. He glanced at the grass before closing his eyes.

"What about it?'

"It's freshly cut, and watered. The ground is wet; it hasn't rained in a week." I deadpanned. His eyes shot open, and he quickly sat up. He winced in pain, but still examined the grass.

"What the..." He whispered. The other boys were sat up by now starring at the ground.

"I told you guys this place wasn't abandoned." Louis whispered-shouted.

"Guys. It's probably just a guy who's paid to mow the lawn. I heard they're thinking of tearing this place down and building a mall." Vinny, the eldest stated. He ran a hand through his long brown hair. It was short underneath, but long at the top. The new look. He came over to my side and squeezed my shoulder. I gave him a quick smile. His brown eyes bored into the side of my face as I starred up at the cloudless midnight sky. It seemed as if all the stars in the universe could be seen tonight. Vinny, Madison, Nick, and Thomas all started to saunter over towards the front of the mansion like prison. I looked over at Louis to see him taking a few steps away from the route the others were headed. I walked in front of him and took him in an embrace. He quickly hugged back burring his head into my chest. Because of the height difference I rested my chin on his head.

"It will be fine Lou. As long as you're by my side everything will be fine." I whispered to him. He nodded his head and stepped away from me. I grabbed his small hand and we jogged to catch up to the group.

"Bout time." Thomas sarcastically shouted back to us. I shook my head and smiled. Louis and I stayed near the back of the group holding each other's hand. I never thought I'd miss his small fragile hand so much.

We neared the front doors. It was originally white, but now rusted and scraped. Madison pushed on the door, but to no avail it stayed shut.

"Locked, damn." He muttered more to himself than us. He led us to a different section with a door that stood ajar. The door was barely on its hinges. This door like the last was white, but had mold growing on it. I walked into the building first with the others trailing behind me. The hallway stretched to the left and right; however, the hallway curved slightly in a croissant shape making it impossible to see the end. No windows were in sight, broken light bulbs hung every few meters, the brown tile floor broken and some missing. There was a draft coming from every direction, chilling us to the bone.