Chapter 2 part 4 - Voice of Reason

Having lost all memories,
Hayl stood there, with a blank expression, wondering why he was there.

One of the guardians guided Hayl outside and let him drift away.
What they didn't know.. was the way his heart felt for Soha. His body keeps remembering the feeling when that grey aura made him feel alive again.

Slowly, all Hayl could think about was mist, and he started walking towards her, across the whole city which takes 3 nights and 3 days to walk through.

At the hospital, Soha woke up gasping and terrified, remembering what the guardian said to Hayl during her coma rest.

The way this hospital was set up was unusual, like a maze. And there were no doctors, just machines.

Soha took 2 hours to find her way outside, barely able to walk from the entirety of the coma caused her.

Her body felt like it was pulling towards something, it was like a magnet.

She tried finding her way around her area, although unable to understand any text from the different alphabet they used.

Stumbling upon what seemed like a child, she asked about how to get towards the guardian lock-up station.
The child seemed to be unable to speak, so he hummed, and took her hand as to lead her.

They started coming through a narrow road, and darkness was spreading over both exits. One of the guardians who despises people from Talbey, walked through that darkness and said this to Soha:

-I'm going to kill you. I f*****g hate your people. And now from this darkness, no one here will witness this. But first, I'll have a little fun with you. Also, the name's Year, I'll be looking forward to having you called up as a terrorist and get the credit for it.

The guardian, Year, had things ressembling boxing gloves, although twice the size.

He hit her once, making her body bounce off the wall. Breaking her arm as thr impact blew to her arm, she sat down.

Fortunately, the unspecified grey aura started flowing across her entire body as the mysterious voice from the aura said:

-Nor above, nor below, now die.

The guardian started getting a little uncomfortable with the situation but decided to put all his strength into his next hit.

-Soha, it is time you learn how to use me, I wish for you to touch his fist as he approaches with one finger. (Mysterious aura's voice)

-Can..'t speak..

Year dashed as fast as he could and came to punch her, and she did what the aura told her to, creating an abyssmal crack in the sound space.
The power was so intense, it shattered his arm's bones up to the shoulder and fell immediately to the ground.

-If you wish to live, crawl.
The moment you stand up, all your limbs will cripple and you will be sent flying at g-speeds. (Mysterious aura)

Year couldn't speak from pain, he started to crawl away as the darkness faded, and the child nowhere to be found.

-I apologize, because I didn't come sooner. If I had, I would've managed to keep that boy's memories in tact.

-What do you mean, aura!?

-Soha, my name is Grem, one of the three true guardians of this world.
You were born with my power, as mystic gods have told me you would need to bear this power to support a particular character in your story.

-Grem!? What is this power!?

-You will find out soon enough, Soha.