The Wedding

"I do."
With that, the beefy ogre took his wife in his arms, kissing her gleefully, tongue and all.
The guests quickly averted their eyes, more than willing to give the newly-weds some privacy.
However, a pair of eyes in the back row remained unblinking, fixated on the passionate couple.
Barry B Benson, or BEE, as he liked to be called, eyed the ecstatic pair with wild envy.
Oh, how he wished he could have a significant other too;one who would cherish him and probably be small enough to actually embrace him without cutting off his air supply.
Unfortunately, bees weren't the most important citizens in the land of Far Far Away, and the last time an insect had been influential in any way had been around two decades ago - which, according to a bee, seemed like two thousand years due to their short life spans.
In fact, it was a miracle in itself that BEE had managed to live to see his best friend's wedding, let alone still be healthy enough to cherish a piece of Shrek's beautiful wedding cake.
Speaking of the wedding cake, trays of it were being passed down the aisles right as he began to hear his stomach growl.
Shrek, ever the charmer, had managed to convince the palace bakers to make a cake that would be able to match BEE's recommended cholesterol intake.
Thus, although he was still a little bummed by the fact that he was most likely going to die alone, BEE wasted no time in picking up his fork and digging into the cake - literally.
Alas, who could have predicted what had happened next:
BEE choked on a sprinkle.
It had looked small and harmless at first, but in the end, BEE realised that he had been sorely mistaken.
The sprinkle may have been tiny for an ogre,
But it was a melon to a bee.
BEE spent his last moments crying out to Shrek, pleading for his Best Friend to help him.
Shrek dashed to him immediately, leaving his poor bride at the alter.
"Oh BEE," he cried, whilst holding his Best Friend of about two months in his right hand, "Why did it have to end this way?"
"Shrek..." Croaked the bee, "I love you bro."
And with a final fist-bump, BEE died in his best friend's hand.

The End.

(Hush now and leave your questions for another time as I honestly do not know what I've written myself. -archerscribe)