(3) Protective

"Where's Lily?!"

I jumped awake at the sound of Y/n yelling upstairs. "Ohh shit." I muttered. Swap hummed quietly. We both pretended to be asleep, even though it was nearly impossible to ignore that shriek. "I know you heard me you lazybones!!" She screamed again. Swap and I looked up at her as she raced around screaming.

"She went out last night." Swap muttered nervously. Y/n frozen and turned around slowly.
"WHY WOULD YOU LET HER!?!?" She shrieked.

Jeez I didn't think she'd get this mad. Especially to some girl she didn't even really know.

She ran upstairs quickly, grabbed Frisk, while also stealing one of my jackets then rushing outside. "Fuck." Swap and I said in unison.

Lily's POV

I reached my hand towards the top of Grillby's flames, but he turned and lightly grabbed my wrist. "Don't." He warned. "Aw, come on Grillbz! Why not?" I whined, slipping my hand out of his grasp, though my mind told me not to. "You might burn yourself.." He sighed at how stubborn I was. I narrowed my eyes at him then opened my mouth before realizing I had nothing to say.

I decided to use the one thing I knew that would work.

But the door flew open and my cat ear flicked to the side in annoyance, knowing who it was. It's not that I didn't like her, I mean she saved me, but put my baby bro in danger. He's a human, and his soul can be used to break the barrier. If anything happened to my little Frisk, I wouldn't be able to stand myself. Especially when I all of a sudden got these magical monster powers!

"Lily!" I heard her yell. "Thank goodness your ok!" She cried. I didn't even bother turning to look until I heard Frisk's adorable little yawn and his innocent little voice. "Frisk?" I ran up and grabbed him, using my magic to focus part of it to temporarily make him look like a neko.

I blinked, and suddenly the three of us were back at Sans' house. My inside felt as scrambled as my head. I guess I had activated my teleportation on accident. Whoops.

"So, the other kid has magic too?" Asked Sans as he looked towards Frisk. "W-what no I'm using my magic." I grumbled looking at Sans. I sighed and ruffled the now sleeping Frisk's head and sighed, yawning quietly.

There was an odd moment of silence that flooded the room. "Sans, can I put him in your bed.. Please." I muttered, gently rubbing Frisk's back. He said nothing but nodded his head. I walked upstairs, the stairs creaking on my every step.

I made my way to Sans' room and set Frisk on the bed, tucking him in tightly. The ghost of a shadow appeared on his lips which made me smile slightly. I got up and began to walk out before I heard Frisk mumble my name. "Yes Frisky bits?" I turned, now facing him. He scowled at the name as I snickered quietly. "I thought you said you weren't gonna call me that anymore." He growled in annoyance to which I shrugged to. "Eh, what'd you want?" He sat up, "can you read my a bedtime story."

I sighed. "Bud, I don't have any.." He yawned, "then sing to me." He grinned as I sighed and sat next to him. I hummed, thinking of what song to sing. "How about one from your favorite show?" (Sorry I couldn't think of anything else XD") He nodded happily.

"If I could begin to be
Half of what you think of me
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love
When I see the way you act
Wondering when I'm coming back
I could do about anything
I could even learn how to love
Like you

I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that its true
'cause I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Look at you go
I just adore you
I wish that I knew
What makes you think I'm so special

If I could begin to do
Something that does right by you
I would do about anything
I would even learn how to love..

When I see the way you look,
Shaken by how long it took.
I could do about anything,
I could even learn how to love like you..

Love like you...

Love me like you.."

(Song: Love like you- Rebecca Sugar; Steven Universe)

I finished the song and smiled at my sleeping sibling. As I got up and turned I was greeted with a grinning (Y/N). I crossed my arms and looked to the side. "What..?" I muttered. "You're a good singer." She took a step towards me and I stepped bag, hugging myself in embarrassment. I flinched as I was pulled into her embrace.

It was... nice. I hadn't had a hug since... I shook my head and hugged her back tightly. "Woah, guess you really like hugs huh?" She laughed and I nodded, smiling lightly. She began to retract from the hug and I hugged her tighter. "W-wait.. This is, nice..." I mumbled in embarrassment. She laughed slightly and hugged me back.

After a while we both made our way downstairs, only to hear rapid angry knocking.

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR SANS!"

---------
whoopsies there's trouble

anyways sorry this chapter is short but I really don't know what to write lmao

I'm getting ideas but you know I have a back story for Lily and I'm trying to turn her nice but like slowly idfk XD

BUT ANYWAYS

BAPTOR OUT *backflips out a window*