Chapter 1

I still remember it like it was just yesterday.The day I first used my powers in public.

We were at school.I was young,probably 5 or 6 years old.Our art teacher told us to draw something we liked.I wanted to draw me flying,with my freeze breath and lazed eyes,so I began with the clouds.

Alex,who unwilling was seated next to me glanced over at the picture.

A angry look came upon her face.

"I know what your going to draw and no,don't even turn it into a picture of your cousin..."she muttered,making sure no one was watching us,but the teacher was busy at with papers.

I sighed,but nodded my approval.I just turned it to a scene with birds.They could fly,but then,so could I.

Suddenly,I heard a shift,as if a tree was being loosened from its roots.I shot up,everyone looking to me,some snickering.

I knew most of them thought me to be weird,well I was an alien.

"May I go to the restroom?"I asked the teacher,who was also staring wide-eyed at me know.

"Yeh,"she gave me the pass and I ran out,grabbing the jacket hanging of the back of Alex's chair.

"Kara!"she warned,but I was already out the door.

I ran to the restroom and quickly through on the hoodie,filling it over my face.

Then I ran to where I heard the noise.And I was right the tree was about to collapse and right onto our classroom.I quickly,shifted it so it would drop gently to the other side,because I couldn't hold it up.Feww...no one saw.

They heard the sound though,and were looking over the balcony.

I just came back to class,all surprised,but the Alex gave me that look and all my joy of saving them went away.

Now,here I am,just Cat Grant's assistant.Why would the world need me now,I was send to protect my cousin Kal-El,but then the whole town thing happened and know he's older than me when I used to change his diapers,and now he is Superman,so the world doesn't need another superhero.

Nope,I'm not super at all,just Kara,Kara Danvers.