Chapter Nine- The Meeting

I left the concert early despite my urge to stay for Niall. I needed to prepare for the meeting the next morning, and I needed some rest. I finished a folder filled with my progress and immediately went back to the bunks, and fell asleep. I heard the boys come in for a split second for what I assumed to be a couple of hours later.

We all woke up a littler later today. It was a day off from the concerts, so the boys got to rest until the next venue. I dressed professionally, got my folder and waited for us to reach our designated stop.

The only two boys awake were Liam and Niall.

I smiled at them when they came in, and gave Niall an extra little smirk. He sat next to me, and while Liam was grabbing some breakfast, he intertwined our fingers unnoticeably. I grinned at him and he did the same. When we arrived he wished me good luck and proceeded to get ready with the other boys who were going to join me later.

I went into the offices. It was a bland place, with a few of the cubicles holding colorful family photos, but you could say the whole place was plastered gray if it weren't for that little splash.

I eventually reached the board room, which was surprisingly festive, with multiple people chatting. There was a brunch station set up and name cards placed near it. I took mine.

"Hello there," a sharply dressed mid-forty year old man greeted. He took a look at my name card. "You're the famous intern! Congrats on your success!"

"Thank-you," I said politely.

"To bad you're not getting payed for this," he took a sip of his orange juice that he had been holding. "The writers are the ones that get the most money."

I shrugged and blushed a bit. "The experiences make up for it"

"I guess you've been getting along with those crazy boys then!" He laughed heartily and nudged my arm with his elbow.

I giggled. "Yeah."

He took another sip of his orange juice and continued to talk. "Well, you gotta talk to the big boss so he could see your work, then enjoy yourself with all the free food."

He motioned to another man, who seemed older than the current one, but was wearing the same business type suit but an even more serious business type face. I was intimidated.

I swallowed my fear and walked over, folder in hand, and introduced my self.

"Is this your work?" The gruff voice added to his age.

I nodded and handed him the folder.

He took a little while to do a read through, and handed me back the folder.

"Read through it once more to take care of any errors we both might have missed," he directed. "Other than that, it flows well for the beginning of the book. You have a future, young lady. Keep working hard."

"Thank-you, sir," I answered, gratitude filling my voice.

He started walking away but then stopped.

"Maybe we'll actually hire you for the next one," he stated and turned around again to get back to the board table.

I smiled widely and went to the brunch station. I felt extremely accomplished. As I finished my plate, someone tapped on their glass with a spoon to get everyone's attention.

"Thank you for coming everyone, the book is coming along very well, and we would like to thank you all for working so hard. We have a special treat... The boys themselves!"

There was no girlish screaming this time they were introduced, just the sound of professional clapping. The floor was given to Louis.

"Hey guys, I just want to say thank-you so much for everything you're doing to make this book as great as it will be."