Sad Tragic and Ugly Past

*UNEDITED*

I entered our secret base bringing freshly baked cookies for the three of us, only to find the sofa almost blocking the entrance, picture frames and vases were broken into tiny little pieces. Books sprawled all over the place.

I nearly dropped the plate full of cookies I was holding. I placed the plate on the ground and went in the secret base.

The base was filled with endless and earpiercing screeches and screams.

"Noah? Sasha?" I called out, but they didnt respond.

I finally found them, in the kitchen, shouting at each other at the top of their lungs.

"Guys! Stop! Stop fighting and throwing things at each other! It took us years to fill this place with stuff and memories!" I shouted.

They didnt listen. I shouted at them to stop fighting. They didnt stop.

I got frustrated. I picked up the nearest object; a wooden sword.

Instinctively, my mind did calculations. I threw the sword. It shot across the room, 5 feet by distance. The sword flew between them and its point is now stuck on the wall.

Sasha turned to me.

"What was that about, Clarissa?"

And in her eyes, I saw something that I have never seen in them before. Anger. Pain. Fear.

"You won't stop fighting so I had to do something before one of you brings this whole place down!" I retaliated.

Noah was still looking down on the floor. His hands were in a tight fist.

"What happened?" I asked hesitantly.

"What happened? You happened! We were having the best 2 years of being together, and suddenly you just appeared out of nowhere!" Sasha shouted.

I looked at Noah. He was still clenching and unclenching his fists.

"You entered my life, Noah's life; our life! Our secret base! We trusted you - I, most especially, but what did you do? You stole my boyfriend's heart! From me!" Sasha continued. Each sentence, she was taking a step closer to me.

There was no remorse in her eyes. She was seeking for revenge; a revenge that she will never be able to get if she kills me.

Her hands - they were ready to hold my thin, long neck. They were ready to strangle me to death.

I don't understand. I recently moved to New York from New Jersey. I happened to live across Sasha, so I went over and introduced myself. Noah was with her when I introduced myself.

How is introducing myself to them "stealing" Noah's heart?

I heard rumors about him in Starbucks. So many people find him handsome, smart, rich. Some even declared he is the definition of perfect. However, I didn't find him so appealing and attractive.

Okay, he has dark blue eyes with a mint shade of green, messy hair that looks sexy on him. But he has a bad personality. And a mysterious past. A bad, tragic and sad past.

A past that no one would be able to understand; to take in. I, however, might be able to.

"It's not what you think, Sasha," Noah said. "She didn't 'steal' my heart." Noah air-quoted the word steal.

"Then what were you two doing? For the past weeks, sneaking off together in the middle of the night!" Sasha retorted. "You!" She pointed at me accusingly. " You backstabbing son of a witch! I thought you were my best friend!"

It's sad, how you're trying to help people, but they don't see it that way.

I wanted to tell her the truth. She's my best friend anyway, right?

But we all have our own secrets; secrets we can't even share to our own best friend.