Six: Wedding bells

Thanda was sitting in the study room in Senzi's house. She was reading a book that she had bought a few weeks back. Senzi, the last time she checked, was bathing in the en-suite bathroom in his room.

It had been a little over three months since they started dating and so far it had been good, except for Senzi's drunkard habits. Thanda surprisingly enjoyed his company. Dimpho also approved of him, which was a big plus.

"I was looking for you everywhere." Thanda looked up at the source of the voice. She looked back down at the book in her hands.

"And you found wearing clothes in the way of you doing that?" Senzi frowned. Thanda made it sound like he was naked. He then grinned.

"Am I making you nervous, Noku?" Thanda scoffed.

"Not really, just uncomfortable." Senzi chuckled.

"Sometimes I wonder if you still have a thing for me." Senzi started walking towards her as she seemed to be ignoring him. He knew she wasn't. "I mean, you used to drool over these abs." Thanda laughed, but still did not take her eyes off her book.

"I wonder when that was." Senzi put his hands on Thanda's shoulders and she looked up at him. She was smiling. "Hi, there."

Senzi chuckled. "Hello, girl who doesn't appreciate a good body."

"I appreciate good bodies. Yours is just not it." Senzi dramatically gasped. "But seriously though get some actual pants on. I'm scared that towel won't last long."

"That won't be a bad thing, would it?"

"You're such a pervert." Thanda looked back down on her book. "Also we have a thing next week."

"A thing?" Senzi started mindlessly playing with Thanda's, at the moment, curly hair.

"Nandi's sister's wedding." Thanda did not seem excited about the event. "Dimpho is busy that day so you are my plus one now." Senzi put his hand over his heart as he dramatically sighed.

"That hurts."

"So we're going shopping after you put on some actual clothes. Also, I want cake. So we'll buy that later."

"Ooh, from Viena's? I like Viena's." Thanda nodded.

"Yes, but only after we find you a suit. We need to match." Senzi shook his head while smiling.

"You are so bossy."

Thanda flipped her hair. "I know."

***

"So what kind of colour dress will you wear?" Thanda examined the shelf of bow ties and ties. They had their own aisle. There were different colours and different types as well.

She pointed at one at the very top.

"That colour."

"Pink?" Senzi frowned.

"No, this is magenta. Pink is way lighter. So find a tie that colour. Exactly that colour and I'll go talk to the store attendant." Senzi frowned. Thanda was treating him like a little child. The way that she had told him actually made him feel like a small child. He would have argued if he didn't feel like throwing a tantrum at the moment.

A while later Thanda came back. She was smiling at Senzi, but she wasn't pleased.

"You chose that one?"

Senzi could feel her displeasure and his once smiling face had a frown.

"It's the exact colour that you showed me." Senzi tried to reason, suddenly feeling ashamed for his decision.