Inky Hearts

Inky Hearts

Snipping away at some wilted flowers, I overheard a small silver bell ring. Leaning over from the vase, I saw the local female tattoo artist who worked across the street. She always came inside to get inspiration from the many flowers I had. From the many choices I had, it was always the same flower. The simple flower was a deep royal blue that flows into a lighter blue, and finally into a pink. A flower that was truly beautiful, just like herself. Just like clockwork, she walked over towards the colorful vase that held them. Making a movie frame with her hands, she tried finding the best shot. Finding it, she sits on a little white bench, and started drawing. Her fingers dance among the paper, filling the air with sounds, and scents of sketching, mixing within the scent of the flowers. This happens all the time, her drawing, and me casually listening to her creating something. It felt like it was a special bound we both shared, one that she didn't know about, and something I was too afraid to tell her. A bound base off sounds, and scents.

The thing is, I wanted to break this bound. To talk to her, and see what was more to her.This was not a new ideal. Ever since I saw her, I had wanted to do this. Breaking this imagery bound, would mean getting to know the real Amarantha. Deep inside, my brain chanted on, and on saying that today was the day. Busy having a mental battle within myself, Amarantha walks away leaving her sketchbook on the bench. Thinking over it, I decided to make my move. Making sure that the cost was clear, I leave the counter. Walking towards the bench, I notice the half finish drawing. Looking around, I turn back to the flower. Such a beautiful flower, a perfect thing to draw. Thinking fast, I quickly scribble my name on some loss paper that was in my pocket, and tied it to the flower stem. Thank you for all the years of tying ribbons onto flowers stem. I walk back to my counter, finishing up the vase. A little later, she comes back. Saying or not noticing anything, she continued. Two-hour past, and she packs up. The bell rang as she walked out the door.

I slowly walk towards the little bench, trying to not look awkwardly. The store was still a little bit empty, only a couple of people still shopping, giving me some free time. Looking down, I notice a white sheet of paper, lying face down.I picked it up and turned it around. On the paper it said, "Look up, across the street." Following what the paper said, I looked across the street. All I saw was a white paper laying in the window of the tattoo shop. On it read, "Ok."Next to the paper was her, the girl I been trying to talk to. Her brown hair was shining through the windows. She looked so beautiful, just like the flower itself. I did a little jump, hitting my knee on the bench. I was finally able to date her. My face went red; I could feel the blush on my face. Playing it safe, I simply give a thumbs up. Walking back with my head inside the clouds, I almost knock into a young couple. Saying sorry, I went back behind the counter, counting down the hours I had left till I get the phone call. The phone call that was going to break the imagery bound that was keeping us apart.