.....Maria.....

There was once a girl whom I got so closed with. She treated me like a sister, her name is Sophia. I’ve always been what she wanted me to be. If she wants me to be a princess, I’d be a princess. If she wants me to be a fairy, then a fairy I shall be. Her friends knew me as Maria.

One day, everything changed. She didn’t want to play with me anymore. On weekend s, she’d go to the mall and hang-out with her friends rather than me, as if I didn’t exist in her new teenage life.

It was summer, school just ended. Boxes of different sizes piled up her room. I overheard her mother talking about giving some old stuff. Can she really do this to me? But I thought—“No, of course not. She could never throw me away, I’m her best friend.”

But I was mistaken. In great disbelief, she puts me inside a plastic bag. It was too late before I realized that I am about to be donated to an orphanage. But as if faith is interfering, when Sophia’s mom was about to put the bag in her car, she dropped me. When they drove off, I was left all alone lying in the sidewalk. But after a couple of minutes, to my surprise, I just felt that I am being lifted. And when I finally realized what’s happening, I was in the arms of a five year old girl. She looked at me and gave me a big smile then said, “Wow! I found a new doll. And look, your necklace says that your name is Maria! Then, Maria I shall call you. I promise to be your best friend forever.”

I now know that I have found a new friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Haii! So, this is my project in English which is all about Flash Fiction and hindi po talaga 'to yung original work ko. Since ang required na words na kailangan gamitin ay 300 lang, pinaiklian ko sya. But i'll try my best to post my original version. Zanks! :p