Chapter 2

He gripped the side of the stair and looked to see if anyone had noticed we were there. I rested my free hand on his back. He chuckled and i could feel the warmth of his skin through his white V-neck shirt.

I raked my hand up and down the crease of his back, and i saw goosebumps rise of the back of his neck. Was that how he responded to my touch? I smiled to myself and hugged him from behind. I couldn't believe this was happening.

He laughed silently and turned around so my head was now resting on his chest, I smelled in his scent, making sure i memorized it when ever i was away from him. He smelled somewhat fruity, but with and edge to it... instantly making it masculine. 

He inhaled sharply and i looked up at him quickly. He was staring at the other end of the bleachers. A student had gone to get a dodgeball that had rolled under a stair. It wasn't just any student though. It was my ex-boyfriend, Mason. 

I felt myself being pulled down to the floor and i looked back to see Harry with one finger over his lips telling me to be quiet. I nodded and layed on the ground silently. I watched as Mason looked up and past us. He shrugged his shoulders and walked away, twirling the dodgeball in his hand.

I looked over to my left to smile at Harry, the only problem was... he wasn't there. I frantically look around until i felt someone pulling me by the ankles out from under the stair we had hid under. The gym teacher had seen Harry's feet sticking out and had grabbed him before me.

The whole class looked at me while i was being dragged to my feet and i saw Harry was on the other side of the gym being scolded by the principal. The second I had stood up, Harry looked at me and blinked slowly and then looked at his feet with a grimace

I looked over to the right of me and saw Mason barreling towards me. I sighed. I knew he was going to make a scene in front of the enitre class and pretend that he was the hero. 

Instead, he stopped in his tracks and loked at my feet. I watched as his eyes slowly trail up to my face. He winked and put his hands in his pocket while biting his lip.

BAM! Mason looses his balance and hits the side of the wall. He clutches one eye and looks frantically to see who had punched him. Harry stood infront of him, towering over him and breathing heavily.

"If you EVER look at her like that again, I promise it'll be WAY fucking worse than a punch in the face. Trust me on that one." he scowled at Mason.

I realized that my hands were cupped over my mouth and i was shaking. Was Harry really that strong?! Mason was 6'3, the same height as Harry and he was also REALLY strong. To make Mason loose his balance that quickly would take alot of force. 

Harry turned around and looked at me. My eyes were watering and i knew that i had to get out of there. I knew i had to leave.

I whirled around and sprinted as fast as i could down the hallway and out the front doors exactly as the final bell, the one signaling the end of the day, rings. I threw open the doors and and looked left and right, squinting my eyes in the bright sun. Where was i supposed to go? I didn't have a car and i didn't have any of my things. 

I turned and walked back into the building. I kept my head down for about 5 seconds when i smacked into someone. It was Harry. He was holding my backpack and binder. He set them down on the ground beside us and pulled me in for a hug. I didn't fight him. I just let him wrap his arms around me while i buried my face into his shirt. I sobbed my eyes out while he stroaked my hair. 

At that moment, i knew i was truly, madly, and deeply in love with Harry Edward Styles.