Chapter 6: The Pact

I was sitting there on the soft bed, staring back at the half-masked man I had just recently become friends with. My eyes gleamed at him, awestruck by what he had just said. "Wait. What?" There is no way that this is happening.

"Well, I just-"

Shaking my head, I interjected. "No. I heard what you said. I just don't understand why you would do such a thing." With a small bite of my lip, I hesitated. "I know we are friends and all, but living at your house is just...I don't know."

His head fell. Twiddling with his thumbs, he gave a sigh. "I understand. It's just that I was worried about where you would go. Plus, I can't guarantee that you will be safe out there." Standing up, Kakashi took a few steps over to me, taking me by slight surprise because I wasn't expecting him to get so close to me. His dark eyes stared at me for a moment before continuing. "And besides....I care about you. If you get hurt anymore, it will only make things harder for the both of us."

Huh?...wait, did he just that he cares for me? For some reason, even though I knew it was most likely the fact that he didn't want to be distracted in battle, I felt my cheeks turn to a slight tinge of red. "Um...I guess it would be for the best for me, huh?"He nodded, but didn't utter a word.

Hearing feet coming closer to the door, we both turned to find the door being opened again. "Sorry to interupt, but there is someone that wants to talk to Hanare....um..." The nurse seemed to be nervous as she stepped aside, only for us to see the reason for her actions.

"Hokage." I could hear Kakashi say as he then proceeded to give a slight nod of acknowledgement.

He stepped into the room and looked directly at me. "So. It really is you." Squinting his eyes, he then uttered a few words that terrified me. "Take her away." My eyes widening I didn't know what to do as Ninja Anbu black ops piled into the small room.

Trying to scramble out of my covers I frantically attempted a chant, only to realize that my chakra was too low. Noooooo!!!!

My eyes squeezing shut, scared for once of possibly having to leave. Waiting for someone to grab me, I didn't feel anything or anyone even near me except for the one that was close to me before. "Wait!" Kakashi's voice rang as I opened my eyes back up to find him standing, ready in an attack position, as if he wasn't afraid at all of attacking them. "This isn't her fault!" Even though I couldn't see his face, I could feel the tension-built glare he was giving.

I then saw a hand go up, only stopping the anbu completely, only to turn around to look at the Hokage. "I knew something was up with you Kakashi. I could sense it as soon as you entered the village earlier. Have you betrayed the village? Or what is your reason for such a unneeded action?"

Kakashi seemed to relax a little, but still stood there. "I was the one who brought her into the city...I also know that she is on our side. Call me crazy, but the lock village has been a problem for some time now, correct?" Hokage gave a nod. "She has agreed to help us as long as you fulfill one condition.

His eyes squinted, as if in interest of what Kakashi had just offered."And what might that condition be?"

"Hanare gets to be an official leaf village ninja after she help us out on her side of the bargain. We have a deal?"He really is going to go through with it....I don't' believe what I'm hearing.

Feeling a small tenge of joy fell me, I touched his hand slightly which took him by surprise. Turning his gaze towards me, he then went and gabbed it, only to pull me up out of the bed to where I stood next to him. "And I will take full responsibility and have her say at my home so that there will be no trouble. This will take out the need for ANABU since I'm able to watch her this whole time while she is at my house and around the village."