2

Regina's body coursed with panic. Her heart was beating out of her chest into her throat, stomach dropping and her eyes bulging wide.

Their neighbor, who had just gotten home from taking her idiot husband to the hospital, told the brunette she had come across Emma in said hospital.

Now, the two aren't necessarily good friends. They had just moved in together 3 months ago and live very separate lives. Still, there is a moment that Regina feels utter worry and pain for her new roommate.

She finds her fingers dialing Emma's number in a haste.

"Hello?"

"Emma? I heard from Mary Margaret that you were at the hospital."

"...Yeah?"

"Are you okay? Do you need me there?" Regina's words were quick.

"Regina, I work here. ... Have you thought I've gotten into an accident? Are you worried for me?" Emma's cheeky reply came after a silent moment.

Regina's face went red with fury and embarrassment. Emma works at the hospital. This fact slipped her mind in her moment of delirium.

Regina's cheeks heated at an alarming rate. She cleared her throat. "No, Miss Swan. I was merely concerned that the UnCharming's idiocy had rubbed off on you."

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you fancy more me more than just ogling my body in the mornings."

Regina let out a scoff at Emma's audacity. "If you wore clothes in the morning like I have asked several times, I wouldn't–"

"Ogle me so hard?" Emma singsonged.

"Goodbye, Miss Swan!" Regina huffed out in frustration with the newly awakened blush. She violently pressed the end call button as she groaned into the throw pillow.