Chapter 1: The start of a New Year

Helga wakes up to get ready to go to P.S 118 as it is the beginning of the new school year and so she starts to make her hair into pigtails and puts on her famous old fashioned pink bow, once she's ready she calls out saying, "I'm going to school now" but since her mother is drunk, sleeping on the couch and her father is paying attention to the TV, nobody in the house really noticed.
After a few minutes of waiting for the bus, she gets on to find Phoebe saving a seat for her. Phoebe said," Hello Helga i was saving you a seat so i can report to you some very important news." Helga responded with, " Gee Pheeb's is this about that little girly slumber party that Rhonda is throwing later for us, new 6th graders." Phoebe answered, " Well actually Helga i heard that Rhonda is inviting the guys to the party as well and that there will be more mature and fun games for both genders so it may appeal to you and me Helga." Helga still wasn't very sure with the idea of going to one of Rhonda's parties because the last one Helga went to, well lets just say she really didn't enjoy it like the other girls did. As you all know Helga isn't the type of fairy princess, air head like other girls so her taste buds are different. But Helga was willing to go to the party even if her beloved Football head was going to be there as well so it was a bonus for her. Helga was starting to go into her FootBall daze, but since Phoebe had noticed, Phoebe decided to let Helga past the time in her fantasy while Phoebe thinks of a better way to report the urgent news to her Best Friend a little later.
After Helga's morning Day Dream, Helga gets off the bus to notice that Arnold is now a few inches taller than she is, while Helga thinks to herself, "when did you finally become so tall and even more Handsome than you already are my Wonderful Football headed love God." Helga was actually considering to go to the party but not because of how it was a party and mostly everyone was going to be there, it was actually because of her inspiration, the person that keeps her alive, the person that makes her life worth living.
It's now lunch time and so Helga was thinking of the conflicts that can occur while she has a little talk with Rhonda about the party, "Phoebe do i just go up to her and ask bluntly if I'm invited or not or just be discreet about it." said Helga. Phoebe told her, "Helga i recommend that you should be blunt about it but at the same time be gentle, Helga you and me both know you can tend to be very aggressive at times." Helga responds with, "Phoebe I'm not going to be rough on her alright and besides how will i be able to get invited or not if i let O'l Betsy lose on her." All that phoebe did was just giggle at that remark. Since Helga finished her lunch and everything she decided to go over to Rhonda's table to ask her about it.