Tokyo Teddy Bear

This story has "I" and "shi yun" in it, just assume that it's you, the reader... :)

"I cried, all I wanted was to be loved. If I could get some scissors I'd, cut of this face of mine."

It was just another day along the street, I thought forgetting you was the only thing left to do. At first, it seems like a fairytale come true. "I love you", "You love me" was something everyone wants to have. But yet, when the time is up. It is hard to forget. And now because of you, I've turned my back onto everyone.

*flashback*
"I'm sorry, I don't love you anymore."

"Why? I thought you said it was all okay. We promised each other that no matter what happens, we'd still be together. You said that yourself!"

"I know and I remembered what I said. I just feel like it's best if we distance ourselves."

"Okay, then I suppose today's movie is off?"

"Yeah, it is."

"*sigh* okay, take care."

"You too, remember not to skip any meals okay? It's bad for your health."

"I won't. Thanks. Bye"

"Bye."

I'd always thought that forgetting you was so easy, but it was hard. Every single thing just reminds me of you. Like seriously, even the music I'd listen to the places and shops. Seriously, everything just reminds me of you. Ever since the day we broke the promise, i've gone back to the usual "cold" self. Back then, I was not as cold as ever. I still made more friends talked to teachers like any other student would want to. But now, it's different. Even when I walk to school, my earpiece are sticked to my ears, hands in my school skirt pockets and head down with my fringe covering half of my face. 

I head up to class as usual. Settled myself at my seat and started my revisions. Even with my music still in me, still no sign of you getting out of my head.

A few minutes later...

"Whaddup, girlfriend!"
She pulled out my left earpiece and shouted.Looks like my bestie, Lyra, caught me off guard.

"What do you want? I'm kinda busy here"

"As cold as ever huh? Sheesh, I thought you already got over it. Still thinking about him, eh?"

"Does it not look like to you?"

"*sigh*I can't blame you for feeling this way. You two have been together for 5 years straight. There's no way I'd forget him too if i were you."

I "laughed" it off.

"Ok, I've decided. Since the exams have yet to come, how about this. After school, we both head home and get changed and head out to the malls."

"No thank you."

"Heh? We'll see about that. I'm sure we'll definitely head to the music stores and grab some hip-hop stuff. Eek, I can't wait for school to end."

I slammed my file closed. I knew she would say such a thing anyway. She knew how to really hit me on the right note.

"Fine. I'll go."

And there she goes laughing and clapping her hands and my answer.

During my lunch break, I've decided to stay in class to revise. With my earpiece back on, shutting the world out.

"Not going down, Yun?" My other friend, Jace, called out.

"Nah, I'm skipping this one."

She placed her hand on my shoulder and assured me.

"I know it hard, you'll get over it soon. You'll see. Overall, he's a jerk. Haha. Giving up on a girl like you? Get real! I'm sure there are better guys out there as well. Remember that senior who somehow looks like him? Surely you can't miss him!"

"Thanks J, but I'm still trying to keep him for myself. Somehow, I guess I'll get over with it. Thanks."

"No probs! Ring me if you need anything!"

With that she left the classroom with her other group of friends.

*...remember not to skip any meals okay? It's bad for your health.*
'Come again with those words of his. I just wanna slap myself out of this'

Right after school, we both head back to change and go straight to the malls. Somehow I just feel thankful that I got a friend like Lyra. She there to snap me out of my trance and being me back to reality. Sure, she might be loud and buggy. Still, she's a best friend who knows how to deal with me.

We went to the different shops and music stores. We even went to grab dinner and bubble tea before we head back home. While on the way back, I felt like I had to say this but...

"Yo, Ly?"

"Yeah? What's up"

"Thanks. For today." I had my head down when I spoke.

"*laughs* For a cold city girl like you to say that, really is rare. Come on, you're my best friend. A best friend's gotta do what she has to do. Sure you might turn cold and your back towards others, but I do know that I still love you as a best-girl-friend." She ended it with a light punch on my shoulder.

I laughed a little and "returned" the favour. Then I realised. All this while even if I had the worst ex-boyfriend, I still have a best friend with me. Also, I did realised that all these while. I was actually loved by someone. Someone who has a better value then him. After then, I realised that I did not have to change my attitude just because of a guy. But a certain someone to replace him. And I'm thankful for that.

That's all for the first story. Please do know that I wrote these stories is based on my knowledge of the song and inspired by the song itself. I will write such stories when something hits me during the song.