1

AN: teenage JaDine. classmates. James is not an artista but have a brother who is.

visual aid:

ctto

---

Nadine's teacher has been droning for half an hour now about History. None of the class was listening though.

Nadine looked around. Everyone was either scribbling something Nadine was sure had nothing to do with History, while others are just daydreaming. Jude Ballada, who's sitting just beside James Reid, is actually sleeping.

James Reid though, is looking at their teacher. Nadine isn't sure if he is really listening or just looking.

James Reid, is the little brother of popular actor Tom Reid. He is really mysterious. Contrary to his brother who is very cheerful on television, and who is very cheerful in person (Nadine had met him several times, being a newbie actress herself), Nadine had never seen James smile.

Like his brother, he is popular among the girls but no one really approach him. The girls seem to be scared of him but this didn't stop them from liking him.

He looks a lot like his brother. And he's great in playing the piano, in sports and in academics.

It seems he's perfect but there are rumors about him, too. Some say he's part of a gang and is always having fights.

Nadine thinks it's rubbish, tho.

James glanced at her direction. Nadine blinked. She hadn't realized she was staring at him. She abruptly looked away, embarrassed.

But she couldn't forget his eyes.

They looked so sad.

---

The first time Nadine did saw James smile, it was by accident.

Nadine was having a special exam then. She had missed one because of work.

James was called by their teacher.

Nadine saw him when he entered the faculty room. She couldn't help but stare because he was sporting a big bruise on his left cheek.

Their teacher talked to him. It seems she's worried about his injury.

But James shrugged it off saying,

"It's nothing ma'am. It's silly, really. I tripped over our pet dog earlier. My brother laughed so hard."

He said this smiling and even chuckling a little.

Their teacher smiled at him and told him to be careful next time.

But when he was gone, their teacher frowned. It seems she didn't believe him.