1. Midnight Dreams

Antonia ran through a large set of double-doors, slamming them shut behind herself and pressing her back against the brown stained wood.  She was panting, like she was running from something.  She slid herself down against the door, covering her ears so she couldn't hear the screams of her friends, the people who had grown to become her family.  She didn't move for several moments, until she saw the pieces of the door right above her head flying off. 

It had found her. 

Terrified, she jumped up and ran away from the door as the Hollowgast broke through and ripped the door away.  She wanted to scream for Ms. Sandpiper, the ymbryne of the Loop, but her voice failed her.  The only thing that continued working after her back hit the opposite wall was her mind, racing with fear and anxiety.  The Hollow walked towards her, its faceless head extended in her direction as it opened its jaws, revealing rows of sharp teeth and tentacles.

Her voice stopped failing her at that moment.  She screamed.

>< >< ><

Horace shot up in his bed, his head covered in sweat.  He couldn't remember the exact contents of his dreams, but he remembered something: his sister was in trouble.  He ripped his blankets away from his body and raced to Miss Peregrine's room, rapidly hitting his knuckles down on the wood until the door opened.  "What is it, Horace?" she said in a quiet, tired voice.

"It's my sister," he said as he looked up at her.  "She's in trouble.  Miss Peregrine, we need to go save her.  Please, please we have to bring her here.  She's in danger."

The ymbryne shook her head, slowly.  "Horace, you know we can't change whatever happens in your dreams.  Besides, we don't even know where she is."

"She's in a Loop, her ymbryne is Ms. Sandpiper.  It's in London.  Please, we have to go.  It might be happening right now."  His grey eyes began shining with tears.  "Please, Miss Peregrine."

The ymbryne sighed, pinching her temples with her thumb and index finger.  "When is her Loop?"

"October 23, 1936.  Not too far off from ours.  The Loop entrance is on the edge of a cliff, she's sent me pictures."  Miss Peregrine had agreed to let Horace send letters to his sister every once in a while, and they'd always send pictures back and forth of their homes and their friends.  "Please, I'll go on my own if I have to.  We can access it in 1940, so we don't have to age."

Miss Peregrine sighed.  "You're staying here, Horace."

His eyes widened.  "But-"

"If your sister is in danger, I'm not letting you face the same fate.  I'll go.  I can fly away if I get in trouble."

He hugged her, burying his face in her side.  "Thank you," he muttered.  "Thank you so much."

Miss Peregrine allowed him to stay there for a moment, before pushing him off.  "Okay, if I'm going to save your sister, I better change into the proper attire for going out.  I highly doubt pajamas are a good way to greet her."

He nodded and took a few steps back.  "Let me know when you come back."

"I'll be back by reset, I promise."  She patted him on thee head before retreating into her bedroom and shutting the door, leaving a terrified and anxious Horace alone in the hallway.