Prologue and Chapter One

I normally write Harry Potter fanfiction. We'll see how this goes...
221Bfangirl a new book to make things interesting...

I wrote this story on a 14 hour car ride, I hope you guys like it.

Prolouge:

Once upon a time, no screw that.

There are no "once upon a time" moments. There are also no "happily ever after" moments either. I would know, I started off with a once upon a time moment, and ended with a happily never after... My name is Cady McDaniels-Ashford, and this is the story of how I died.

Chapter One:

In the year of 1996, my parents, Elaine and Jackson McDaniels welcomed me, Cady Mae McDaniels, into the world. Well, welcomed is a strong word. I was more like "Suprise! You didn't even know you were pregnant until five months into the pregnancy and then four months later you have me!" kind of baby. But I was loved from the moment I came out and everyday since then.

My parents worked hard for what they had, but my mom had me and had to work different hours, and then she had to quit her job of fifteen years. She loved her job, she was a ER nurse at the local hospital and she helped save a hundred lives within her job time. She quit her job to take care of me while my dad continued working his job as a lawyer at his friends dad's firm. His boss said he was one of the best lawyers he's ever hired and if my dad left, he'd close the firm. We were family friends, hell I called my dad's friend uncle Will and his kids were like my cousins.

All through my elementary and middle school years I was a pretty good kid, until I got into about eleventh grade. I hung out with the local stoners and the local "cool kids" and went to parties and got drunk and came home and was hungover the next morning. My parents really didn't care, but my mom always wished I would take it easy sometimes. I took it into consideration, but the next weekend I partied hard and came home drunk. And I didn't really care.

Along with my life, my appearance changed too. Going into high school I had blonde hair, green eyes and wore glasses, and I was kind of chubby. By the time eleventh grade hit, I had black hair, I wore contacts that helped me see and turned my eyes baby blue and I lost a lot of weight through diet and exercise. I wore a lot of skinny jeans and cute shirts and dresses instead of t-shirts and sweatpants. I wore smokey eyes and winged eyeliner everyday. My parents also didn't care about my style change either, but I had to get a job to support my shopping addiction and the occasional trips to get my nails or hair done.

I had a boyfriend, his name was Michael Ashford, and we hung out a lot. We'd go to the movies or picnics or go see the orchestra because he knew I was in band and he thought I would like it. The only thing we ever did was kiss or cuddle at my or his house. I was saving myself for marriage, and he accepted that. He loved me so much. Maybe he was the one I hurt the most when I died...

The story of how I died is a long one, because it was a long battle, but I'll try to make it short because this is, after all, nothing but a story.