Lie

Start writing your story

If I know what love is, it is because of you.

- Herman Hesse

Pairing : Jimin x Reader
Genre : Angst (Very Angsty), kinda fluff, based on Lie.

Word count : 7751
Damn long I kept typing but I just really wanted to finish it.
I made a cover for it, and then I was bored so I decided to make it a BTS wings photo set, but that's for another post.

Well here you go, this is what I heard when I first listened to lie (Before I read the lyrics I mean).

I laugh as she doodles on her hand like always.
"Flowers huh?"
She gives me a sidelong glance and smiles.
"Yep!"
All of a sudden she closes her eyes and tilts her head to the side. When she opens them she has this sparkly look which usually meant she had thought of something she felt was amazing.

"ChimChim! Let me draw on your arm!"

"Eh?-Wha-wait! Y/N!"

She grabs my arm and starts drawing Mochi on it, complete with eyes and a cute smile, not to forget the blush.

"Yah!"

She gives me her puppy dog look.
I gulp and look away.
"You're growing up so fast! My Mochi sexy man will no longer be a kid..."
She fakes wiping tears away from her face.

"I wasn't a kid in the first place! And anyways you're the younger one between us... Really you keep doodling on your hand all the time, I'm sure you're soul mate will get annoyed at how frequently they randomly appear on his hand."

While I was talking to her had completely ignored me and started doodling again, although she kept nodding.
But when I mention her soul mate she sticks her tongue out at me.
"Go away!"

After she leaves my house I lightly trace over the Mochi she had made in my forearm.
Smiling lightly I wondered if tomorrow her name would appear on my arm.
If it did should I tell her? Or should I wait until she turns of age and gets to know who her soul mate is?

The name would disappear after a day anyway so it would be easy to keep a secret.
Giddy with happiness start whistling the tune of the song I had been writing for Y/N.

I think of this memory from 2 years ago as I watch Y/N walk down the aisle. It seemed so far away.
The last time I could smile when I saw her drawings.
The last time I could ever think that she could be mine.

Sitting in the midst of all the other people who watch her as she walks to her would be husband.
Her cheeks flushed red with happiness, and her eyes sparkled, sparkled the way they had once when she had looked at me all those years ago. Now they looked only at him.
At her soul mate.

I wake up from a nightmare although I don't remember what it was. Breathing heavily I stretch my hand to pick up my phone.
But what I see stops me.
On my hand, was her name.

Y/N L/N

Clearly written.

But only, this was... It was in Red.
It should have been black. Why was it red?!
Red was the color for error. That would mean that I wasn't her soul mate.
I was someone who had no one.
That I would always love her, but she could never love me.

For moments I forgot how to breathe.
It didn't bother me even, I didn't feel the need to live.

Jungkook comes over to wake me up and finds me awake.
For a moment he mistakes the writing in red on my wrist for blood, and it may as well be because it sure felt like it was draining away my life.