Elementary "Uncles Revenge"

"I SHALL GET THAT MAN!" shouted my uncle. I hid there behind the couch. I couldn't get caught or he'd want to kill me too. He looked at the picture on the wall. I closed my eyes when I heard the sound of a knife being thrown. Tears began to form, this was an innocent man. I starred up to see the picture with a knife in the chest. My uncle saw me then. He knew I'd seen the man, he knew I'd try and save him. He said simple words in an angry tone, as if he read my mind "You'll be to late." I said nothing in return. What was there to say? He would probably be right. My uncle starred at me for a minute. His evil eyes glaring at my watery ones. I knew how these things ended, but I always chose to never believe it. He grabbed his gun and his keys. "You'll see the death of him." and he slammed the door after he said the word "him". I still sat there, crying harder. Why would he do that? I'd never want to see a man die, or kill anyone! I had only one thing to do, call someone. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911. They knew instantly who NOT to bring.

************Next Day****************

Sirens rang loudly. I could hear the police talking to someone, a women I guessed. I tried to listen in but I still hid behind the couch, why would I need to show myself? I admit, I did lean closer to the outside of the couch. "Was there a murder?"the woman asked.

"No....weird isn't it?" A male police officer replied.

"Yah, tell me again why I couldn't bring my partner?"

"Uh...."

The voices stopped then for a moment. The police should know! I guess they'd need to investigate more.

"We should check inside." the police replied. I heard the door open. I held my breath, but I couldn't help it. I saw the women, her face in worry when she saw the picture on the wall. My eyes got watery. "Who called 911 again?" she asked with a bit of a quiver. The police shrugged. Tears started rolling, I knew them both. The women's name was Dr. Watson (I don't know her real name) and the police officers name was Marcus Bell. They were all a team, well usually. Sometimes they fought but they were all over the news and stuff. I had no time to fangirl though, I was to busy feeling sorry for them and guilty. My own uncle could ruin the best detective team ever! I cried harder after I thought of that. My sniffles must've let them know someone was there. "Who's crying?" Marcus asked aloud looking around the room. Dr. Watson looked right at me. "It's a girl, she's hiding and crying. She must know something." she said quietly. Marcus walked over to the couch I was hiding at. I held my breath, Dr. Watson knew I was there. I couldn't hide anymore. Fear rushed threw me, the tears continued to stream. What could I do now? I scooted further back, hoping that they'd think it was just their imagination. Dr. Watson bent down. She clearly knew I was there. I didn't want her to see me! I didn't want her to see me cry here! I didn't want her to arrest me. I no longer had a place to go, my uncle was my only family. My parents were still in London, where I'm from. I moved here from London because my parents couldn't afford to have me. Dr.Watson did something unexpected. She smiled at me, literally smiled. "Hello." she said expecting me to answer. "Hi...." I said softly. She could tell I was scared because right after I said that she said "Don't worry, everything will be ok." and she held out a hand. Should I take it? I had no more hope, I had too. I took her hand and she pulled me out from under the couch. Marcus still starred at me as if I were an alien or something. I walked around a bit, it felt kinda good not to be hiding. Dr. Watson still looked at me. I turned towards her. "My names Annie by the way.. I already know your names..." I said walking around the mostly empty house. I peaked outside, 3 police cars were out there talking to a man who kept turning towards the house as if he wanted to go in it. I couldn't tell who he was though. I was to far away. I kinda just stood there starring at him, waiting for him to turn towards me so I could get a good look at his face. "What are you-" she started but then Marcus gave her a quick glance. Dr. Watson nudged him lightly. Then she turned back towards me. "Want to meet a friend of mine?" she asked politely. I nodded slowly. Who could her friend be? I wasn't entirely in the mood for meeting people, but I didn't wanna say anything. I didn't even know who this friend was. She led me outside towards the man. She tapped him but he simply completed his question, dying for it to be answered.

"Why can't I go in?? Why can't you tell me?" he asked impatiently.

"Oh look, it's Ms. Watson!"the officer said before he walked off to talk with Marcus. That was when the man turned around. Brown light hair, brown eyes that starred at me, and a fine suit he was wearing. "Hello my dear Watson. Uh...mind me asking who your friend is?" he said still starring at me. I recognized the voice. My heart skipped a beat. It was him! He couldn't see me! He couldn't know! I turned and pushed Dr. Watson's arm off mine. I ran as fast as I could and tears came back. I didn't want to meet the man my uncle wanted dead. I didn't want him to see me crying or know the truth about my uncle! He'd try and stop him. This was a master detective. This was Sherlock Holmes.