Part One

It's Christmas Eve and I am mega excited this year. I live right on the edge of London so I look through my window and all I see is a gigantic sea of people. No pavament. Just people. Who would leave Christmas shopping until the day before anyway? I am always mega organized and do my Christmas shopping on the second week of December. No people around, it's bliss and perfection. And my secondary school is like 7 minutes away from my house so it's cool in London. I used to live in the country but my dad got a job, a promotion even in a bigger firm in London and is now in charge of the office. He earns loads of money now so I get Hollister and Jack Wills clothes and all the shoes I could ask for. I also now go to a private secondary school for the best success he wants from me. "Maybe one day you'll be in the business one day." he would say. He wants me to take Buisness as an option as they are coming up soon. I'm Year 9 and am dead nervous about joining the new private school. My dad said he will drive me to school and pick me up soi don't have to worry about getting up early and missing the bus like I did in my old school. I had to say good bye to my best friends, Olivia and Gabriella but I said thy could visit in the holidays. "We will miss you ever so much, Catherine." they said.

It's morning and I'm super nervous. At the moment I am sitting downstairs in my own clothes as we don't have any uniform at my school. For my first day, I am going for a formal but casual look just to show business to them. Dad came downstairs in one of his work suits. It was his first day as well so he had a navy blue blazer and trousers on, a white shirt with a matching navy tie and navy black suit shoes. Mum stayed at home all day, minding the house as we had enough cash coming in. She usually goes shopping or goes for a morning swim or an all-day jog.

"Come on Catherine, get your coat on and let's get going." My outfit is mostly purple so I wore my purple Jack Wills cardigan and navy Hollister coat. Then I just remembered "Dad, it's Christmas Eve. You don't go to school on the day before Christmas!"

So we went back inside. I didn't go back to sleep. What was point. Oh Dads these days!