step 2: foresight and liars

The sun shone brightly down on the fairytail guild. Team Natsu had just returned from a quest that offered 20,000 jewels. 

" wahh! I'm beat!" 

The fire dragon slayer raised his hands behind his head, tilting his head to the side.

" Aye, I'm hungry too" 

Lucy stared at the two and sighed. The ussual stuff is happening. Nothing exciting since they came back from Edolas. Not that she wanted something to happen. she just thought it was strange. Ever since she joined the guild, They had gone on job requests or emergency journeys nonestop with the exception of the festivals held by the guild.

Deciding to push that thought to the side, She stepped through the doors of the guild 

" We're.....Back? " 

Her words slowed when she glanced around the hall. The crestfallen faces of their friends froze them in spot. 

Erza, being the only one unfazed, walked up to their master, Makarov Dreyar.

" Master, Is something the matter? "

All heads turned to Erza, as if saying they did not notice them.

Makarov slowly lifted his head, frustration evident on his face.

Erza could tell he was reluctant to tell her and her herself was not sure if she wanted to here the news, but she knew it was inevitable. She needed to know one way or another.

" Erza, Do you remember that giant lacrima outside magnolia?"

Hearing this, erza ran straight out off the guild hall. Confused glances followed her as she ran. The glances of her team mates. 

'Of course they don't know her, she was came and left here before she came' 

Deciding not to reveal the secret to her friends yet, Makarov waved his hand at them, telling them not to worry about it.

~

Impossible.

It couldn't be. The lacrima. 

Erza stared at the lacrima. How? even she couldn't break that lacrima. The cracks in the lacrima told her that it wasn't a weapon used but a spell. A spell? if her weapons could not break that lacrima, The person who casted that spell has to be powerful. The question is who did it? Erza walked closer for further inspection. She had her doubts. The doubts that it wasn't the right lacrima. 

No one should be able to break the lacrima except the one who created it, who had long passed away. And yet, She found herself refusing that this was it. this was the lacrima her friend, no , one of her family members was trapped in. 

Finally, she gave in. 

' This is definately the right one.'

A sigh escaped her lips. In the distance, she could hear the concern cries of her team mates. As thay drew nearer, Erza turned towards them, awaiting for the questions she needed to answer. 

" Erza! Are you okay?! You just ran off and- woah thats a big lacrima!" 

Lucy stood facing the giant lacrima. Never in her life had she ever ecountered a lacrima this big. Daring not to touch it, she examined it from a far. A sigh was heard from behind lucy and erza began her explanation. 

~

" And so they decided to trap her in that lacrima for safety, of cource with her approval"

Erza looked down in sadness as she recalled past memories with her. Her face had a somber look on it, well, until she felt a hand on her head. 

" Then, All you have to do is find that person who broke her out and beat him up!"

Lucy Shook her head at that. They did not have enough information to go on an actual mission. They would have to do some investigations before leaving. 

The silent black haired ice mage sat at the back of the group. He analised the roads, their surroundings. Basically anything he could see with the naked eye. The search ended when he spotted a little farmer and his son, tending to the crops.

Gray silently walked up the hill, making sure not to be heard. He walked up to the farmer and showed him his fairytail mark. Of course the farmer was shocked. Why wouldn't he be? A mage from a town nearby just happened to stop by and ask him questions. Wanting not to be rude, the old farmer stayed and answered his questions

" Ah, actually, there was a carriage that stopped by infront of the lacrima before i went off to town. Although thats about all I know."

Giving the farmer his thanks, Gray began off to his team mates.

" Erza, we've got our first lead."

~

Back at the guild, Carla sat on the table next to Wendy, arms crossed and reading a book. She dropped the book. Her eyes wide as she stared into space. Thats not possible. She usually gets visions if it greatly impacted the safety of her friends. But this person she did not recognise. How would this-

"carla?" 

It was wendy who brought her out oh her daze. A look of concern evident in her eyes. Wendy asked if Carla was okay, putting her hand up to Carla's head. 

Giving her head a light shake, she looked up at Wendy and smiled. Although, there was something that Didn't feel right. She knew something big was going to happen.

And it was happening soon

~

Awaiting eagerly to hear the clues, Erza listened carefully. 

" Apparently, an old farmer was on his way to town and just so happened to catch a guy in the act. He said that he arrived in a carrige. so, we have to look for tracks. Lets start with that" 

Gray pointed out, matter of factly making natsu irratated.

"Oi! Are ya tellin' me what to do, Ice princess?!"

Natsu smirked, satisfied at the reaction he got from Gray.

" So what if i am, Flamebrain?!" 

Now three people were irratated. And the third one, unfortunately was not lucy, but Erza.

" Are you two fighting again?! Now is not the time to fight!"

Holding each other's shoulders, The two boys soluted her, Their ' Happy' imitation coming out.

" Aye, sir!" 

~

Its cold. 

" NO matter where you are, when it is, i will protect you, i promise."

Curled up on the floor, she shivered in the cold.

" Liar"