|The Pen & The Sword|

Hello, everyone! This book has been around for a whole year. Can you believe it? Now, because we hardly ever edit anything, we were surprised to open this chapter and find it in need of some serious updating. Like really... we aren't even doing half of this stuff anymore. 

Anyways, welcome to The Pen and The Sword

For newbies far and wide, this is our discussion book. We are humble authors just sharing some of our experiences and answering your literary questions in (hopefully) entertaining and fantastic ways! Our goal at TFF is to help you make your story the best it can be, and this is one of the best places on our account to find new ways to improve. We would say that we're one of the best on the entire site but that Fantasci magazine is pretty hot too. ;P

For the first few chapters of this book, our articles were written by our former Queen of the Fae Folk, italychick. When she departed from our account, she handed the reins over to mahana258 (Mama Mahana/Hannah) who has been doing her best to live up to IC's awesomeness. Now, we're proud to announce new segments and an expansion of our writing staff. 

The Pen and the Sword Staffers: 

Head Writer/Editor: mahana258

Junior Editor/Main Writer: ShannonTolhurst

Trope Breakers Magazine Writers: AlcinaMystic & autumn_sunfire

 We encourage you to ask lots of questions and interact with each other in the comments below. Share your thoughts with us and your fellow followers, and tell us about your experience in the matters discussed. We want to be here for you in every way possible, and we want you to be there for each other as well!

Here's how our magazine and bi-monthly articles work: 

1. Main Articles

Hannah and Junior Editor, Shannon Tolhurst will be discussing a topic that we find relevant to high fantasy or writing in general. Many of these topics will be chosen with input from you, so don't be afraid to let us know what you think. Look for main articles every other Thursday!

2. Question of the Week

Every issue, we'll be picking a question from one of you to post in the article. You can ask us anything under the sun, so long as it isn't vulgar or demeaning towards others, and is at least a little relevant to high fantasy. If you don't feel comfortable sharing the question publicly but you still want an answer, go ahead and PM it to us, and we'll post it anonymously. Answers to these questions will be posted in "Trope Breakers."

3. New Segment: "Trope Breakers."

Spurred from our popular "Cliche Killers" Trope Breakers is a conglomeration of trope breaking mini articles, "Ask the Writing Faery" discussion segments, TFF Top 5 Books, writing exercises, and chat areas. These will be headed up by our newest writers AlcinaMystic and Autumn_Sunfire. 

If you have something you think should be added to this book to make it more inclusive, don't hesitate to let us know

If you have something you think should be added to this book to make it more inclusive, don't hesitate to let us know. Drop a note in our private messages about ways you think we can improve!

Now, why the pen and the sword? Well, everyone knows about that old saying: the pen is mightier than the sword. 

We just like to imagine what they could do together.

Welcome to The Pen and The Sword with Trope Breakers!