Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Devon pulled away while Sam was kissing her. "I'm sorry! Oh My! I'm really sorry!"-Sam. "No, you don't have to be sorry. I just feel that parang masyadong mabilis lang ang mga pangyayari. Can we slow down and take our time to get to know each other first?"-Devon. "I'd like that! I just wanna let you know that I really do like you. Alot of people actually thinks that I've been into a serious relationship. But the truth is, I never have. So if I came too aggressive for you. I'm really sorry. I'm just probably not too experienced with these kind of stuff. And you know what the funny thing is? I never even ever courted a girl before."-Sam.

 Devon didn't know what to say, with all Sam's revelations about his personal life, it was just too overwhelming for her. All she can do is to listen to him. "umm.. so you mean..."-Devon. "Yes! If you're trying to ask me, if you're the first girl I ever tried courting, the answer is Yes! And I can't say sorry enough talaga on how I acted earlier."-Sam. "Wag mo nang isipin yun, para quits tayo, ikaw din ang first kiss ko."-Devon. Then they looked at each other and smiled.

They both continued their serious conversation, as what most people call it. They are trying to get to know each other.Upon leaving, Sam gave her a goodnight hug and said. "Salamat again for this night. If you let me, I wanna see you again."-Sam. "Oo ba! Yun lang pala eh. I'm just a phone call away, ikaw yata ang busy ako kahit kailan ok naman ako eh. Basta just let me know kung kailan ka pwede. Punta ka lang dito I'm always home naman."-Devon. Upon leaving, Sam waved at Devon from the car, and told her to go ahead and he'll wait for her to get inside the house before he takes off.

While he was driving home he couldn't help it. His face was filled with happiness and contenement, and still couldn't believe it. "I'm still not convinced, sa ganda nyang yon, never pa syang nagka boyfriend. Her lips, its so soft and I am her first kiss, akalain mo yan, first kiss ko nga din pala sya. Hay!! Samuel! I think this is destiny!"-As he started thinking outloud. As soon as he got home, he then went ahead and got ready for bed and before sleeping, he texted her.

"Gudnight! Sweet dreams to you. Sana ako ang nasa panaginip mo."

With the thought of him that she will not be replying on his text message.

"And cheesy! Pero lagi naman eh! Goodnight din sayo, pahinga ka na"

He was even happier upon receiving her text.

After a few weeks, finally! His very much awaited concert is here. While Sam is at the backstage, Devon on the other hand is already at her VIP seat with her best friend Ann. Then Devon received a phone call from Sam..."Hello Devs! are you here na ba?"-Sam. "Oo kanikanina lang naman kasama ko na si Ann."-Devon. "Talaga, may backstage pass ka naman why don't you come visit me naman dito sa dressing room para may makausap ako."-Sam.

"Ganun?! Ayaw ko nga. Ano ko pampalipas oras mo?"-Devon. "Ayaw mo? Sige ka ako pupunta dyan sa seat mo para buhatin ka papunta ng backstage."-Sam. Devon knew that he wasn't kidding, coz everytime he says something silly she just knows that no matter how lame it is he will still do it. "Ok sige na pupuntahan na kita dyan. Hindi ko na isasama si Ann nakakahiya eh. Ako nalang"-Devon. "You can take her with you if you want, but if you insist it's really up to you."-Sam.

She then went ahead and told Ann that she will just be going backstage to see him. Upon walking backstage, she can't help but seem to notice that people are staring at her while walking down the hall way. She thought..."Ah siguro kaya nila ako tinitignan dahil di lang familiar ang face ko sa kanila. Oo baka nga yon." She finally reached his dressing room..."Ayun!! Nandito ka na pala."-Devon. As she tried to close the door to his dressing room.

"Sam, tanong ko lang, why is everyone staring at me? Kilala ba nila ako? Yung ibang girls are giving me the dirty look. Yung iba naman nakangiti sa akin na parang close kami. May nakwento ka ba sa kanila?"-Devon. "Ah yan lang ba? Don't worry about them, mga inggit lang yan. Kasi I'm only aloud to give one backstage pass, and I kind of mentioned it to them na my only girl will be the one receiving it. Kaya ka siguro nila pinagtitinginan."-Sam. After finding out what he told everyone, she couldn't help it, she just had to hit her on his head. "Ouch! What was that for?Ano yan? Carino brutal?"-Sam. "Carino brutal? Samuel Lawrence Concepcion!! Bakit naman yan sinabi mo,

 "Your only girl" Eh kaya naman pala ang sama ng mga tingin nila sa akin eh."-Devon. "Why not, remember...."-Sam. When he was about to say something Devon cut him off and covered his mouth. "Sige subukan mong banggitin yan, ng makilala mo ang kakambal ng ginawa ko sa ulo mo kanina."-Devon. Sam just gave her smile then took her hand and gave it a kiss.