The Truth Comes Out And Powers

~Edward~

I was dumfounded. All this time, and my little sister was right there- right there out infront of me. How? When? Where? Why?

Questions floated around my head, thoughts, emotions- fears. Evelyn knew me better than anyone else, which meant she could make me happy or miserable. Evelyn covered her ears, shutting her eyes tightly as my thoughts flooded into her mind. We always were alike- we always cared about the thoughts of the people around us, how they saw us and all. We cared.

She shouted for me to stop, in her thoughts of course. I mean, every memory I had, every thought I was thinking was flooding into her mind- of course it would be scary. I stopped mid-thought, and reached out to grab her arm, when she hissed and jerked away from me.

"What. Do. You. Think. You're. Doing?"She snarled, her eyes narrowing.

"Don't be mad at me." I whispered, trying to grab her arm again. She backed away again, her jaw clenched tightly.

"Why shouldn't I be? You hate me Toni." I flinched at the old nickname- wanting to be diffrent, she didn't call me by my first name, always my middle.

"Eve," I reached out for her again, this time grabbing her wrist, and tugging on it. "I'm sorry."

"No, you're not. You're not sorry, because if you were, you wouldn't have forced me down into so many promises! I am tied to you Anthony- tied to you forever. With every promise I ever made to you!" She spat, glaring. "I don't love you- I hate you."

"No you don't. Evelyn, you don't hate me."

"Well I don't care for you. I could careless." With that, she spun around and walked away. I reached out to grab her arm, but suddenly, she wasn't there. She was gone...

In thin air.

~Bella~

I watched Edward, his head hung. Jasper was controling his emotions, but the fact as that- he was depressed. The door to the house flung open, slamming against the wall, and everyone looked on high alert. Nothing was there. It shut, sending air flying into our faces, and blowing the candels illuminating the house shut. "Evelyn, don't scare them." Edward mumbled, still looking down.

The girl from earlier-Evelyn- appeared, with her arms folded across her chest. She looked sad, and looked at Edward with longing and regret- I didn't need Jasper's power to know. I shielded the others, and Edward, and he face turned into pure confusion. "It's a shield Evelyn. That's why."

Evelyn strutted over to me, and grabbed my wrist. Something flowed out of me, a light going inbetween our arms, and Evelyn released me, folding her arms across her chest again. "Evelyn,"

"What? I don't want you hearing my thoughts- you don't hear hers, but I can. And wuit thinking about how scary I am!" She snapped at me, growling. I froze- how had she known my thoughts? "Because, now I have your power- it's defensless against all of mine- I have James, Victoria, Aros, jane, Jane, Alec, Zafrina, Kate, Anthony-" She turned to look at Edward. " and others."

"I don't like you blocking me Evelyn."

"I do." She replied. Edward growled.

"Don't be such a rotten brat!!! THIS IS WHY I HATE YOU! DOGGEDLY IS WHAT YOU ARE!" Edward roared, glaring.

" I already knew your reasons for hating me- you told them to a four year old kid!!!" Evelyn snapped back, then her facial expression softened. "You left, a four year old, in the forest at night... you told a four year old multipul reasons why you hated her, and yelled at her when she responded with 'I Love You'. You broke your promises, but I will never break mine."

"You don't understand, I was mad-"

"I was mad too. I was mad that I was alone, mad that I missed my older brother. Carlise knows the rest of the story." She turned her head.

"True."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Ten years after you died, after you left, I found Evelyn in a medical lab in Chicago. She was bleeding to death, a gash across her neck, a guy in a leather jacket in front of her. I think we all know the rest of what happened." Carlise muttered.

Evelyn pulled down on her turtel neck, and there it was. A long, large gash across her pale neck, nearly inveisble. Edward sucked in a sharp intake of air, and cursed under his breath. "After I screamed and yelled at Carlise for saving me, I met Alec, Dimitri and Felix in the streets of North Dakota. They learned of my power after I took their sight away- Alec's power- and took me to the Voultori. Aro, Caius and Marcus were proud to have the first, Absorber in their guard, and that is where I stand."

"Why absorber?" Jasper asked.

"I always followed after Edward- if he sat a certain way, I did. If he read a certain way, I did. Everything he did, I did. He sat in the back of his bus, so did I. If he ate a certain way, I did too. I was a copy cat, until..." She trailed off, and Edward cringed.

"I said I was mad."

"And I said I could careless. It doesn't mean anything. I know when Bella was human- you still have your temper. Did you ever think that if you got upset enough you would-?"

"No. The first time I ever went off was on Jacob. I'd never hurt Bella."

Her eyes flickered to me. "Except you'd slap me with a belt until I was black and blue and couldn't sit down. Bella is what? Eighteen? That's fourteen years older than I was, and yet you still did it. Were you doing drugs Toni? We're you drinking? We could have gotten you help." Regret flashed in Edward's eyes. "But, to be honest I knew you never loved me. All you do is lie. " And with that, she disappeared, nowhere in sight.