1

Chapter 1

*Joe Maddon's - manager of the Chicago Cubs- POV*

"Me? You want to know something about me? Well, there's not much to tell you! I'm Lucas Chase Ryan, General Manager of the Chicago Cubs. Besides that, I'm just like everyone else. I hate my life, I enjoy pizza, all food actually, sleep, and television. I hate running and all forms of exercise and I love food even though I want to have Kendall Jenner's body. Currently, I'm rocking a 6-pack even though I can beat out anyone when it comes to an eating contest. Everything every other person would tell you! Pretty basic and simple if you ask me!" Lucas laughed slightly before looking back down at her paper work. 

I made my way through the office asking everyone what they thought about Lucas before finally making my way down to the locker room with my camera. First I walked up to Anthony Rizzo and just smiled at him. 

"Tell me about Ryan!" I sighed and He looked up at me. 

"Are you just asking me to tell you about Lucas?" Rizzo laughed slightly as he button up his jersey over his blue under armour. "Well, Lucas is probably, actually she's easily, the coolest person I've ever met. Lucas is this amazing, hilarious, ball of fire! She's so special and amazing! Not only does she have a personality that anyone would die for, but she's beautiful! Her bright smile, those dark yet oh so bright green eyes that match up with her honey brown hair so perfectly!" He cleared his throat and tugged on the collar of his jersey and took a deep breath. "I-I mean, she's the best GM any team could ever ask for! She's one of a kind, truly! It's a shame she can't see it!" He smiled and I turned over to Kris. 

"Lucas? Who's Lucas?" He laughed slightly, shaking his head. "I don't know a Lucas, but I do know this girl named Chase National Bank!" He smirked,buckling his belt. "Lucas is easily one of my best friends! She eats all the grape candies I don't like! If I didn't have her in my life, I honestly don't know what I'd be doing! I'd probably be, 'eating the dirt the ball picks up when it bounces past me'! But no, Lucas is easily one of my best friends and she's one of the only people I don't mind standing next to all day!" He smiled, grabbing his bag as I turned over to Addison Russel. 

"Lucas? Wait, I thought her name was Ryan this whole time!" Addison smirked and I rolled my eyes and he put on his hat, smiling at the camera. "Lucas, is probably the most annoying person ever because she has 3 first names! Lucas, Chase, and Ryan... Non of which are a typical girls name which is actually pretty cool! But, Lucas takes that saying, never trust someone with two first names, and throws it away. She doesn't just have 2 first names, she has 3 and she's the most trustworthy person I know! Lucas is basically my family therapist! Both my wife and I go to her and tell her about all of our life problems, but she won't tell the other. She never forgets either which is really sketchy now that I think about it!" He laughed shaking his head. "Lucas is also easily one of my best friends and someone I actually don't mind being with all day!" He smiled, bending down to tie his shoes while I turned to veteran catcher, David Ross. 

"Ms. Lucas Chase Ryan! You want me to tell you about her? You're out of luck because neither one of us has enough time to describe all of the amazing this wonderful person has to offer! People will tell you she's nice, funny, pretty, cool, but those words, don't give you a good enough account of what it's like to be friends with her! Lucas has helped become a cool dad and is also a huge role model for my children. She's like another daughter in my family and I know that after this year, when I retire, I will hear from her everyday offering her help to move me into a nursing home! Thank you Lucas, for always being there for me and my family. Happy 21st kiddo, you deserve the world!" He smiled and I turned the camera off.