Chapter Two

Chapter Two

They were running, faster and faster, chasing after him. His face was dripping with sweat. He was running as fast as he could, but he was losing strength. He was slowing down, and the guards were catching up to him. They each pulled out a gun, and shot at him. He fell to the ground, as two bullets hit him, one in each leg. He looked up, swaet and blood dripping down his cheecks. The guards were standing over him, smirking. They apeared to almost be laughing at him. They didn't look tired at all. It was like they had all the energy in the world. Their uniforms made them look invisible in the dark night. He tried to escape, but they held him down with their swords, crossed over each other, an inch away from his neck. He screamed and he kicked, trying to escape. Then he went still, his face saying that he has come to the realization that this is going to be the last night of his life. He remained still, given up on trying to escape. The guards carved the trotin symbol into his bare chest. They cut so deep that the blood covered his chest, and started a puddle around him. He felt a sudden burst of adreneline, and he kicked with all the strength he had left. But it didnt work. The guards each lit a match, and covered him in gasoline. They threw the matches on him, and stepped back to watch him torture. He screamed, trying to get up as his body burned, turning black. The guards spit on him, and walked away, as the screaming came farer and farer away, eventually just an echo in the silent night.

I sat up in my bed, surounded by a pool of sweat. Great. Another nightmare. I began breathing deeply, trying to calm myslef down. I got up and walked over to my dresser. I picked up my brush, and started brushing my hair, smoothing out the tangles I had gotten from tossing and turning. I put my brush down and examined myself in the mirror. The bags under my eyes had gotten worse. I haven't had a good nights sleep for three weeks. I walked over to my bathroom, and stepped into the shower. The warm water felt good on my aching body.

I heard a knock on the door as soon as I got out of the shower. "One minute!" I yelled as I quickly put on some ripped jeans and a black spaghetti strap shirt. I went to the front door and opened it, to reveal a smiling Daniel on the other side.

"Good morning beautiful," he chuckled. I smiled, realizing my hair was still wrapped in a towel. Daniel loved to tease me.

"Morning." I motioned him to come in, as I unwrapped my hair, and towel dried it. I brushed it, and put it in a tight french braid.

"Are you ready for the big test?" He asked as he sat on my bed. I didn't answer. I just stared into my mirror. "Are you okay?"

"I had another nightmare." I slowly turned towards him, staring at the wood floor. "I'm tired of this life. This place is not fair. "

Daniel got up from my bed and wrapped his arms around me. "It'll be okay," he whispered into my ear. But it wasn't going to be okay. I felt like nobody else in this place had their eyes fully open. Everyone was so oblivious to the cruelty. They were brainwashed, thinking it was normal. Nobody understood how I felt. None of this is normal. I needed to make sure everyone knew. I need to change the ways. But how?